The Perfectly Imperfect Family of 12

Chapter 1

~Katniss POV~

"WAKE UP CAAAAAALL!!!!!" A body jumps up on the bed and lands on my stomach, receiving a groan from my mouth. "MOMMA QUIT CUDDLING WITH DADDY, IT'S TIME TO GET UP AND OUT OF BED!!!" I force my eyes open and see two big blue eyes right in my own, nose to nose with me. The tiny freckles scatter her nose and cheeks while her chocolate colored hair lay messily over her shoulders, loose ends sticking out of each twist of her two braids. "IT'S TIME TO GET UP MOMMA," She yells loudly in my face.

"I'm awake now, Willow." I yawn, strong, fit arms plucking her up off of me. I look to the owner, matching blue eyes smiling back at me, the blonde curls sticking up all over the place due to sleep.

"Wake up caaaaaall." Peeta says, getting in my face and pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I've heard." I murmur sleepily, wiping sleep from my eyes.

"Daddydaddydaddydaddydaddy, last night, I had this dream, and like, Rye was there, and we had pancakes for, like, breakfast!" She presses her lips to his ear and whispers, "maybe that's saying something." He laughs.

"Well what do you know! Maybe it is!" He teases. Her eyes light up.

"Yeah! It IS saying something!"

Willow Iris Mellark. She's mine and Peeta's first born who's five and a half now, who's starting kindergarten in two weeks. She's almost exactly like Peeta. She's the most social little girl I've met in a while and almost always has a smile on her face. She's daddy's little girl, Peeta's little princess. A princess all on her own.

"Wiwow!" I squeaky voice comes from the foot of our bed. Peeta and I turn our heads to it. Tiny hands grab at the covers in attempt to pull the body up, only a head of thick, curly blonde hair is visible. A tiny hop and a pair of silver eyes follow. "Wait!" He squeaks at his older sister. "Help!" Willow just sighs and hops off Peeta's lap, scampering over to the little boy's tiny body and heaving it up on the bed, following after.

"Goodness, Rye, why do you have to be so short?" She asks him, leaping into Peeta's arms once more.

Ryland Jameson Mellark. He's mine and Peeta's second child, who's now one and a half two weeks ago. He's more like me than Peeta. He doesn't talk a lot, especially to strangers and is more conserved than Peeta or Willow. He's a momma's boy and a big baby, loving to be held and comforted 24/7.

Rye crawls over into my lap in his little airplane footsie pajamas and his tiny one year old smile.

"Hi." He squeaks at me, patting my cheek. I chuckle at him, kissing his blonde head.

"And good morning to you, Rye," I say, tugging one of his curls. He giggles and crawls over into Peeta's lap, practically pushing Willow out if the way.

"Rude!" She scoffs. He turns innocently to her and pats her own cheek.

"Hi." He squeaks. Peeta and I laugh and she sits in my own lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Hi." He says to Peeta, his large fingers running through the little boy's hair. Peeta smiles and kisses his tiny nose.

"Good morning Rye," He says, bouncing him in his lap. Rye giggles and grabs a handful of Peeta's own hair, pulling at it. Peeta chuckles and takes Rye's little hand away from his hair. "You're getting strong, aren't you?" Peeta says playfully.

"Yeah!" Rye giggles.

"You're gonna be strong just like daddy aren't you?" I tease, squishing his tiny bicep. His little face lights up and he pats Peeta's own large bicep.

"Dadeeee." He giggles. I see Peeta melt inside, grinning at the little boy who looks identical to himself except for the silver eyes I gave him. And Willow is the opposite, she looks exactly like me except for Peeta's beautiful sky blue eyes.