Chapter 1 - The Party

Molly stared into the fire as its embers blazed a column of light into the summer night. A cool breeze swept across the patio and she began to shiver. As she did she felt the soft touch of another behind her. As they basked in the heat of each other she rested her head on his shoulder. He began to play with her soft dirty blonde hair as they just sat their enjoying each other's company.

By this point they were the only ones still bathing in the fire's comfort, as the others had gone off to pursue other interests, however, they were perfectly content enjoying their young love. Cody opened his mouth, but before anything drifted out of his lips Molly put her finger up to silence him, for she knew that their moments of privacy were fleeting.

"I love it when you hold me, it makes me feel like I am melting." Molly whispered as she stared into her boyfriend's warm brown eyes.

"Being with you makes my heart melt, I don't really know how to describe it, but it feels good." Cody replied as he stroked Molly's arm. He then slid his arm down from her arm and held her at her side. Then, without warning, he lunged at her and unleashed a torrent of tickles.

"Stop...I can't....breathe!" Molly shrieked through bursts of laughter. After the tickling had subsided they stared into each other's eyes, with Molly lying on her back and Cody staring down at her.

Molly thought she could sit like this for hours, however, after a few moments of this she another pair of lips met hers. At first she was shocked, but she soon overcame the surprise, and enjoyed the feeling of another pair of lips on hers. After a few moments they stopped, both of them gasping for air.

"I was surprised myself, it was a 'heat of the moment' type thing," Cody explained. They were about to lean in for another kiss, when they heard the loud foot steps of their friends. They quickly sat up and exchanged a "this stays between us" type of glance.

Their friends came barging onto the patio, sweating and laughing from the game they had just played. The love birds tried to maintain a calm position but they knew that no matter what they did they would still be jeered at.

"Awww the two love birds kept each other company!" Matt began. "Hope you two didn't make a mess out here."

"OMG, Mody I ship it" Alexa shouted, which soon got many others to discuss their friend's love interests.

Once they had quieted down, marshmallows and sticks were brought out, signaling that it was time to roast them. Molly started to roast one, and Cody helped her teady her hands. Once they got it to the perfect light brown, they removed it from the inferno, and shared the marshmallow, savoring every bite. The next time they roasted a marshmallow, Cody stuck it right into the blaze. At which point it combusted and charred on the outside. After extinguishing the flame, Molly took a chunk of gooey marshmallow, and smeared it across Cody's face. He joined in and they both ended up covered in a mask of marshmallow.

Cody became a little seductive, and licked the marshmallow off of Molly's face. She smiled, and returned the favor, which sent a wave of relief throught out Cody as he wondered if he had pushed his limits.

Throughout the entire marshmallow ordeal, their friends did not call them out on anything, however they were completely aware that their friends were saving this as fodder for a later date.

Everyone then left to go play a game of volleyball. The two were put on the same team, to see how they interacted with each other. They played for about half of the game, but it became clear that they were more focused on each other. Cody latched onto Molly from behind and they stood there for a while, as he talked softly into her hair.

It began to rain, so everyone ran inside to go and watch tv. Molly and Cody opted for the corner cushion of the sofa, and they sat their holding each other. People began to get bored of the tv and left, eventually only Cody and Molly remained. They smiled and kissed once more, and spent the rest of the night hugging and talking.

"I could sit hear, alone with you forever," Cody said. Molly gave a silent gesture of agreement, and they spent the rest of the party like that, alone enjoying each other's company on the sofa.