Josh coughs from behind him. "You can keep it." He murmurs.

"Huh?" Tyler turns.

"The hoodie." Josh is sitting on the ground already, legs crossed, he's leaning back on the palms of his hands. He's been watching Tyler. Tyler blushes and picks at the fabric. "I have more." Josh murmurs.

Tyler smiles. "Thanks."

The shuffling of them getting ready for bed is the only noise for the next 5 minutes, Josh turns the flashlight off, Tyler finishes getting changed and they both try and get comfortable. Tyler can't pretend to be asleep again. So he doesn't, he keeps moving and shifting to make noise, to let Josh know he's awake.

Josh eventually huffs. "Sleep."

And Tyler stares at the top of the tent, one leg bent, the other shaking, it's a tick.

Talking, he needs to say something.

"Is the floor really that comfortable?" He asks quietly, there's no reason to whisper but he does anyways. The question hangs in the air like a weight, it's practically an invitation for Josh to get in bed with him

It's silent, except for the rustling of tree branches until Josh sniffs out a even quieter. "Yeah, it's fine. I'm used to it."

"Okay." Tyler says, folding his arms over his chest. "We can switch spots though." Or we can share. He wants to share, he wants to be the big spoon. "Or if you want, I can sleep there."

Josh is quiet again, gentle breaths. "No."
Tyler wants to apologize for no reason at all, Josh says. "Good night." And Tyler watches as he rolls over onto his side and cuddles into his pillow.

*

He sleeps restlessly, rolling around the bed, waking up at odd hours of the night before shutting his eyes again. When he actually wakes up he lets out a quiet groan followed by a yawn and then grabs the blankets around him. He pulls them up around him, tucking himself under them as he adjusts and tries to get comfortable again.

He can feel how early it is, he can see how early it is because when he cracks open his eyes for a short moment they fall on Josh. Josh who's still sleeping on the ground, body facing the opposite direction of him. He looks comfortable, all wrapped up in his own blankets, his feet sticking out at the bottom, his body curled.

Tyler rubs at his forehead with the palm of his hand and takes a deep breath before shifting around to lay on his stomach. As he twists his body around, the movement knocks the breath out of his lungs. Perhaps out of shock, maybe surprise.

"Oh," He breathes out, sharply, involuntarily. Shit. He tenses up for a second, daring himself to stay still, paralyzing his entire being for just a moment as he lets himself breathe. In, out, in, out, Tyler exhales and shifts his hips just in the slightest, pressing them forward into the mattress, just to see, just to feel. It feels good. "Fuck," He breathes out, slapping his hand over his mouth. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He hides his face in his pillow for a moment before making a decision.

Gently he turns himself back onto his back, using his hands to manoeuvre himself around. He tries to not make too much noise as he does it, and eventually he's on his back again, layers of heavy covers pressing down on his body. he pushes them down, tries to be quiet about it just in case but he makes a small noise when the blankets brush against his cock. He kicks the blankets the rest of the way down with his feet, shuffling them to rest at the end of the mattress.