Chapter 2

Harry's POV

I held Cassie's hand tightly in mine, not wanting to let go. I was over the moon when mum had told me she'd bought the house next door to Cassie. That way, I could see her anytime when me and the boys were on breaks from tours. Who knows maybe Cassie could come with me and the boys on tour one time. 

It was crazy. It was like it was only yesterday when I was in high school with my best friends, especially Cassie, but now I was in one of the UK's most popular boy bands. One Direction. I still couldn't believe that only two years ago I was a normal sixteen year old boy attending school just like everybody else.  

I'd gone from a nobody to a somebody. But now I'd finally got to see my best friend. It had all been pretty crazy. Yeah I saw Cassie when I was on X Factor, but afterwards everything began to get so busy, with the X Factor tour, and our album, and I didn't really have time to see anyone. Not even my family. I guess that's one of the down sides to fame. But I'm not complaining, I love my fans. I'd be nowhere without them.  

We got to the stairs and Cassie stopped for a moment taking a deep breath in. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. I squeezed her hand and she looked up at me, forcing a smile. 

"Are you ok Cass?" 

"I'm fine." 

Cassie looked up at me again, I could see tears of pain in her eyes. 

"Am I hurting you? I'll let go if you want." 

"No!" 

She said quickly. Holding onto my hand with both of hers. 

"I just have a headache that's all." 

"Well you can go to sleep if you want, your probably just tired." 

Cassie laughed. It was the first time today I'd heard her laugh, and it made me smile. But something just didn't feel too right about it.  

"I haven't seen you for what? Two years now. And we finally see each other again, and you want me to go to sleep. Wow I missed you too Harry." 

I laughed. 

"Of course I want to see you. I've been wanting to all this time. But, if your feeling ill I don't want to make you feel worse." 

"For you I'd do anything Harry. That includes staying up when I have a headache." 

I smiled at Cassie and we walked up the stairs, making our way to her room. She opened the door and slowly sat down on her bed, crossing her legs, with a smile on her face. I don't know what it was, but something really wasn't right. 

I scanned around the room smiling. It had changed so much. I looked at Cassie's notice board and my heart skipped a beat. She hadn't taken down the pictures and drawings we'd put up there when we were little. I turned around and smiled at Cassie. 

"I would've thought you'd thrown them away." 

"I missed you too much." 

This made me feel horrible. These past two years I'd neglected Cassie. I had opportunities where I could've seen her, but I didn't. Why didn't I? Guilt spread all over my body. I should of made time to see her. I ran over to her and gave her a big hug, not wanting to ever let go. 

"Harry. I. Can't. Breathe!" 

I let go of her smiling. 

"Sorry." 

Cassie took in a deep breath and smiled. She put her head in my lap and closed her eyes. 

"Cassie."