"Just do what you have to do."

Jimin was looking only at you as he moved you in his strong embrace. You frowned when the comforting warmth of Taehyung left you. Jimin seemed to hesitate for a quick second before he cooed to you, "I'm going to make you feel better."

(the taste of blood)

He clawed the immaculate skin of his neck, pure as the driven snow, and two cerise drops instantly appeared. He lowered himself closer to your face while securing your head in his hand, minding your injury. The hot drops crashed down on your lips, at first you did not react but as Jimin's blood slowly seeped out of him and leaked inside your mouth, you found yourself drawn to it.

The fingers of his hand holding your head, curled in your hair and warmth spread around your wound ad he gently scraped your scalp. He nuzzled his face more into your neck when he felt your lips moulding his skin. "That's it, drink it."

His blood tasted like the sweetest of drinks you were ever given the chance to savor. The more you had of it the more you wanted it. The metallic drink felt soothing inside you, healing all your aches and giving your strength back.

Your once weak limbs became powerful again and your arms raised to grip onto Jimin's nape. Your head injury was entirely healed and you felt much better than a couple of seconds before.

The vampire gently grabbed your wrists to prompt you into ceasing your suckling. You eventually stopped, slightly disgruntled to do so but your thirst eased gradually. Taehyung looked at you scrupulously, ready to welcome back in the warmth of his embrace. You laid back in his arm and looked up at him underneath heavy lids.

"How are you feeling?" He whispered to you like he would to a baby.

You licked your lips leisurely. "Fine. Better."

He rubbed his nose against your forehead before kissing it and slowly met the other man's eyes. "Thank you," finally blurted your husband, looking at Jimin with a serious stare.

The vampire's lips curved at one side and he chuckled, "I did this for her."

You turned your head, looking up at your friend with grateful eyes. He smiled and nodded. Jimin's shoulders tightened as he craned his neck to look behind him. You felt Taehyung's chest vibrate with low growls and you looked up at him, curiously.

"What is it?" You queried, frowning as you felt his skin increasing in temperature underneath your palm.

He breathed deeply in, eyes staring straight ahead of him but Jimin answered you,"vampires."

"Why are they coming towards us?" Grunted your husband, his hold tightening around you.

Jimin stood up and walked until he reached the edges of the small cave, looking at the horizon. "They must've smelled _____'s blood." His eyes were accusing when he looked back at him. "They're coming for her."

You looked back up at Taehyung when he shifted you in his arms. He cursed himself for not having been more careful with your injury when moving you to the cave.

"They won't lay a finger on her." He glowered, brows frowning as he looked down at you. His tone softened again, "darling, I need you to stay here while I deal with them. I'll keep you safe this time. I promise."

"I suggest we move now before they get to us and closer to _____," Jimin explained.

You straightened your upper body against the wall. "You'd fight your own kind? For me?" You quavered.

Jimin's glowing purple irises met your gaze and he answered steadfastly, "I would for you. Vampires aren't as fraternal as," his gaze shifted quickly to Taehyung, "others can be." He smiled reassuringly at you, "They're probably wild. Creatures devoid of moral. Not a loss, trust me." He jumped down the cave with no hesitation.