White

Shay docked the Morigan just as the snow started to fall. Gist tipped his hat to his captain in a sign of farewell.

"Goodnight captain! I'll see you as soon as you call for me. You know where to find me!" He called as one of the Brothel girls came to him and grabbed his hand eagerly. Shay waved and smiled at his friend.

"Aye! Don't stay up too late now Gist!" He calls back. Gist laughs and does a clumsy bow. Shay laughed as well and looked up to the sky. The snow was falling quickly. Soon the streets would be covered and nigh impossible to navigate. Shay finished up his duties and grabbed a bag filled with items he would need on shore.

He walked down the gangplank and placed a few coins in the hands of the dock master. The man tipped his hat to Shay and placed the coins in a bag at his side.

"Travel safely sir. The snow is coming down hard." The older man said while handing Shay a lantern.

"I can't take this sir, what will keep your sight sharp tonight?" Shay said while passing the lantern back. A light came from behind a shack and an old woman stood next to the man. The man placed a hand over his wife's shoulders and chuckled.

"Don't worry about me young man, I've got my light right here. And just in time too, I was getting lonely." He sad while looking to the woman. She smiled and handed the light to Shay once more.

"Be on your way laddie. By that ring on your finger, your woman will be waiting for you." She said kindly. Shay smiled and thanked the old couple for their kindness and went on his way.

He passed by some children who were playing in the street. One boy was playing the fiddle and another had two sticks that he banged together. The children were dancing and singing and having a good time. One ran into him and apologized quickly. Shay bent down to his level and placed a placed flower in his hand.

"This flower comes from across the sea, give it to that pretty lass over there and invite her to dance with you." He said kindly. The boy looked to the girl and he blushed when she waved at him with a smile.

"I can't dance mister. Nobody taught me on account of me being too little." He said softly. Shay clicked his tongue and whistled loudly. The children then stopped playing and he motioned to them. The fiddler and the stick banger went to him and Shay whispered in their ears.

"Do either of you know how to play an Irish Jig?" He asked. The fiddle player nodded brightly.

"Aye! My parents are both from Ireland! I can play you a jig!" He said happily and then He began the song. Shay pulled one of the little girls to his side and she smiled as Shay danced around the square with her. She giggled and laughed as Shay spun her away to one of the boys. Another boy picked up the fiddle and the Irish lad began to swing the girl around. The small boy that Shay has given the flower to looked up at the tall Irish man with worry. Shay motioned to the boy and the girl looked to the two. The boy took a deep breath and approached the girl. She happily accepted the flower and the boy placed it in the crown of braids she had in her hair. Shay watched the young boy and the girl dance for a while and then decided to make his way home.
———
He managed to get to his manor without further incident. He didn't see any lights on within the house and all was silent. He unlocked the door with his key and stepped inside.

The fireplace was flickering softly as Shay hung up his coats and, as per his wife's instructions, left all his weaponry in a trunk by the door. Of course there were weapons spread around the manor. His wife, being an ex-assassin herself, understood the need for weapons in the home. Shay went into his bedroom and found and empty bed. He was puzzled for a moment until he heard a small noise.