"What about D-Dean?" His name was strangled on my lips as I shook in Sam's arms, my body begging for Dean. The green-eyed man was clenching the steering wheel with white knuckles, his chest puffing out and sinking inwards with angry breaths.

"I don't think he'll be able to hold himself back to take care of you," Sam confessed, helping me towards the stairs of my dorm building. I accepted this, but my body refused to, continuing to voice its frustration through pain and fluctuations in my body temperature.

I was barely able to give Sam my room number, but he managed to figure out my mumblings and unlock my door for me. My pelvis was in the most pain at this point, and I could do nothing but curl up on my bed and whine. I had no way through this, other than to endure.

"I'll pick up some things for you after Dean and I finish interviewing the girl from earlier. He'll check in on you tonight, okay?"

Sam spoke loudly and clearly, but it came through muffled since my head was buried under a pillow. Taking my half-assed 'yes' as an acknowledgement, Sam left the room. Leaving me to suffer on my own.

| | |

After calling the Campus help desk and arranging for sick leave, they said they could rearrange my test dates to accommodate for my heat.

Afterwards, however, I remained in my bed, having stripped down to my underwear and bra in an attempt to cool myself down. I even had a fan going in the corner of the room. But nothing seemed to cool me down enough to make me comfortable.

In a pile next to my head was Dean's jacket, which still faintly smelled of him. He must have left it with me after he generously gave it to me that night at the bar.

How they found out I was a University student let alone my room number was a mystery, but I assumed they had their legal ways. Or illegal. I'd have to ask Sam next time I saw him.

He'd stopped in earlier to drop off some pain meds, sleeping pills, and a pack of chilled bottles of water. It all helped, but not enough. I needed my Alpha. I needed Dean.

As if on cue, my back arched as a bolt of pain ran down my spine, and I cried out his name. Just seconds later, Dean himself burst into my room with a growl to announce his presence.

Upon seeing me in pain, he dialled down his anger, concern replacing it. "Omega..." I whimpered as he called me by my title, my body responding to the fresh wave of his scent. "How are you doing sweetheart?"

My bed dipped down near the top, and I rolled over to find him inches from my head, looking down at me with a worried expression. "I-I need you," I managed to choke out the words, pawing at his clothed leg. As I was only in my underwear, he was clearly fighting for control.

Most Alpha's would have lost all self-control by now. But, somehow, Dean was holding on. "I know, baby, I know." He shifted closer to me, allowing me to lift my head and rest it in his lap. "I want to help you. Believe me, I do. But I don't think I have the self-control to stop myself from mating you if I did."

The idea of being mated was sweet to my body, and it responded quickly, heat flowing like a river to my core. "Please," In a rather shy voice I spoke, gripping his thigh, hearing him hiss in shock at my brash action. "Please mate me Alpha."

He growled softly in response but made no move to do so. "I want to. God do I want to. But it's just not safe right now, Willow." He finally spoke my name, and I groaned as I sat up. Having him this close but unable to help me was torture. Actual, real torture. For my mind and body.

"Then why did you come here?!" I snapped, a sudden spike of anger causing me to raise my voice at my Alpha. "If you won't help me, then why did you even come here??" I lowered my voice immediately after I repeated the question. He would have slapped me for raising my voice.

Dean simply cocked an eyebrow. "I came here to be a good mate. But since I'm not wanted, I'll leave you be." I barely had time to protest before Dean stood, making straight for the door to my dorm. "Wait, please-" Tears were pooling in my eyes, the thought of Dean leaving being too much for my body to handle.

But with a stony expression, Dean rested a hand on the door handle. "I'll be back to check on you tomorrow. Take care of yourself, Willow." Tears started to roll down my cheeks as Dean left, and the painful waves of heat began to consume me once more. Maybe having a mate wasn't actually all I'd hoped it would be.

| | |

Dean and Sam hung around for the next few days. They'd been working a 'case' as Sam called it in my University. Dean visited daily, though not for long. Sam popped in a few times a day, staying with me to talk and get to know one another.

On the last day of my heat, I was able to get dressed and meet them both at the Campus Cafeteria. Sam welcomed me with a smile as I sat down opposite him, and Dean simply nodded in my direction as a greeting.

"Are you feeling better today?" Sam was the one to ask me the question I'd been expecting. "Yeah. Much better. You two can probably leave now that it's over."

Dean's head shot up at the mention of them leaving. "We aren't going anywhere, sweetheart."

Shyly, I brought my gaze to meet his. He was already staring at me with a determined expression. "But, my heat is over. I can go on suppressants, and you can leave."

Dean suddenly growled, gripping the table angrily. Sam placed a hand on his shoulder, but he was having none of it. "Suppressants?? You think I want you to block out what your body naturally does? Like hell I'm gonna let you do that,"

Sam finally hit his brother's shoulder, stopping his angry rant. Because several people were staring at us, and I had shrunk back into my chair, fully expected an angry backhand or a verbal name-calling for my assumption.

"O-Of course not," I stammered, "I just thought you would want to move on with your life. Since you don't seem fond of mates and everything..."

Dean's beautiful green eyes stared into mine with such intensity that I barely noticed when he gripped my hand in his.

"Willow, it's extremely complicated. But I do want you. And I want us to work. Which is why I'll need to explain a few things first-"

Dean was cut off by a soft tutting. One so familiar, I automatically flinched.

"Now what do we have here? My pretty little Omega playing with lost little pups?"

Dean growled as his voice cut in, his drawling tone seeping into my skin like poison.

"Unfortunately, I think you'll find that it's time to come home, Omega."

~*~

The other Alpha has arrived! Let me know if you're enjoying it!