I woke with a start, I was curled in the bean bag in between Ezra and Thomas. They had fallen asleep too. I woke them up and they walked to up to their rooms. I would have to quietly walk to mine too.

Ares was outside, I could see him flying past the windows.

He told me there were professors walking around. I went out through a side door and walked slowly to my room. He would keep an eye out for me.

I could see a few groups of people walking.

"Hey Iris" I heard someone call my name. It was Johanna from my Healing class, I had been paired up with her a few times.

"Hi" I waved at the group of girls that were walking back to the girls dormitory.

"We missed you" she called back to me. "There were a lot of parties to go"

"Maybe next time" I told her. I could see a group of guys walking towards us. There was some giggling from the girls.

"We missed you guys" Vino called to me, he raised his hand. He  approached me with Byron and Drake. They were both dressed in black slacks and dress shirts.

"We decided to stay in" I smiled at him. In front of me, I could see the girls looking back at us. Johanna pointed at Byron's back and pretended to swoon. I wrinkled my  nose in response. "Thomas and I are a little nervous."

"Don't stress so much about it" Vino squeezed my arm. "Think positively, okay"

"Easy for you to say, you have been training for years and the Guard wants you" I gave Drake a dark look too. "And you are in the Guard"

"There worst that you can do is fail" Drake replied with a warm smile. "That's it, don't think too much about it."

I didn't reply.

"Someday you'll look back at this and feel foolish" Vino peered into my face. He lifted my face slightly. I could feel Byron's eyes on me, I intentionally ignored him. "We'll be working for you and it won't matter" he squeezed my cheeks slightly.

"I hope so" I grumbled. I couldn't find any sense in their words. They weren't very uplifting to me. "Alright, I will see you all in the morning" Vino gave me a one armed hug. I returned it. "I'm going to try to get some sleep." I walked away from them.

            "Iris"

I turned around, Byron was jogging towards me.

"Yeah" I crossed my arms. I was scared to hear what he was going to tell me. He knew I wasn't going to rank, and I didn't want to hear it again.

"Do you remember what I told you?" he asked me. His green eyes stood out against the night sky.

"You told me lots of things" I sighed.

"I told you to block your opponent, you'll stand a chance" Byron clasped my shoulder. "Just do it"

I huffed.

"That's my advice Iris. I'm trying to help you out" he searched my eyes. He squeezed my shoulder. I stepped away from him.

"So know you are trying to help me"

Byron gave me a dirty look.

"I have always been trying to help you" he rolled his eyes. He lifted his lip in dislike. "I am- never mind" he shrugged. "Just remember what I told you, block your opponent."

"Yeah thanks" I glowered at him. "Thanks for the advise" I turned on my heel and headed for my room.

            I slept a couple of hours. I was too stressed out to sleep. The boy showed up at my room at six in the morning so we could walk to breakfast together. Ezra was the only one talking during breakfast.