Chapter 1

A/N - So this is my first fanfic and it may be cheesy at times but I'm doing my best! I'll try to update at a good speed but since I just started school it may take some time. I hope you enjoy! Also I created some of my own creatures to get this story going the way I want.

Key
(Y/N) - your name
(E/Y) - eye color
(H/C) - hair color
(F/C) - favorite color

(Y/N) P.O.V
It was before dawn as I walked almost silently through the pines. In the morning when it was still dark, was the best hunting time while all the dear are still grazing.
But I only had one target in this heard. Big herds like this only came around twice a year so this was the only chance I had to do this.
Walking around a few trees I came across a whole herd, only focused on the ground to graze, if not sleeping, or making sure their fawn don't get to far from their mothers. Then I saw it.
As I crouched down, pulling out my bow, I aimed at the only one I cared for. The Golden Buck.
The Golden Buck was a big tall giant with antlers and hooves made of pure gold.
This will definitely be enough to last us for months! Mom will be so happy!
As I aimed dead center on its head, my heart was pounding through my ears and my hands started to shake real bad. This may be the only chance I ever get to shoot one of these! Don't mess up! I told my self, but knowing this my hands started to shake more rapidly.
When these dear came around, hunters in the area always competed to get the Golden Buck. Which means I've always been too late missing the great race to win the Buck. One can become rich from selling the antlers and hooves, and the meat of it can last for many months! That's why I came so        early.
Before my hands shaking worsened I let go missing by a few feet, causing the buck to raise its head in surprise. No! I almost had it! Knowing how much it could have been worth, I hissed in anger.
As I came back to my senses I noticed the buck a staring at me ready to charge. My (E/C) eyes wide, I started to slowly back up knowing how dangerous a Golden Buck is. I didn't even bring a sword... I didn't think I would need one anyways but here we are!
Suddenly it charged, kicking and swinging its golden hooves and antlers. As this happened I had to get up and run faster than I've ever run before.
As I ran I could here the thundering of the Bucks hooves racing behind me. Running along through the pines I was sprinting trying to loose the buck as I could hear the roar in anger.
I don't know how long I ran for but it feels like I've been all across Hyrule at on point. Hylia help me!
As I continued I started to rapidly loose breath and my legs were screaming for some rest. But my adrenaline kept me going.
I started to slow down gasping for air and trying to not collapse from running for so long.
Thinking I was finally able to get away from the Buck, I came across a ravine blocking my path. Crap. As I neared the edge, I had to stop in almost an instant causing me to stumbled as my ankle twisted. Screaming in pain, My body couldn't take it any more. I collapsed and was trying so hard to sit up desperately gasping for air.
Opening my eyes, I saw the buck charging full speed ready to kill me with its golden antlers. No! I can't die here. I told myself already giving up.
Scrambling backwards, I forgot about ravine behind me and as one hand slipped off, I caught myself with the other and managed to keep from falling.
But as the buck neared slowing down It looked ready to swing at me. Full of fear I scooted closer to the edge. When the buck reached me it lifted one of it legs and kicked me in the rib, knocking me over the side of the ravine.
Tumbling down the side of the ravine, everything was blurry and the rocks were giving me cuts a bruises. When I came to the bottom I was completely winded and I hit my head on a big rock near the bottom.
Everything was hurting and my vision was fuzzy. Every time I took a short breath my rib would rattle giving signs that it was broken, but the pain shooting through the rest of my body numbed some of the pain in my chest. Suddenly I noticed something above me. As it came closer, I noticed it had light pink feathers.
Yup, this is my end. I said thinking this was an angel or something.  It was trying to tell me something but I couldn't hear over the ringing in my ears.
After this 'angel' finished talking to me, they picked me up, and place me on their back.
That's when I notice whoever this was, was covered in feathers. But, I only noticed this right before I blacked out.
When I woke up it looked like I was in a cabin with lots of beds. An inn? As I sat there I was very confused on why I was there. Then it all came to me. I was running from the Golden Buck and I fell down the ravine, and that's when I saw that... angel? As I got up to investigate, my head started to throb and my ankle and rib felt like they were broken.
When I laid back down I had noticed how cold it was as well. As I pulled the covers over my self I moaned in pain and tears started to pile up in my eyes. I was wrapped up in bandages and was only
half dressed.
Someone undressed me?! As I began to panic, I got up again. My head was pounding and I couldn't put any weight on my ankle. To make it worse I could barely move my chest or shoulders due to the cuts and bruises bandaged up.
But that wasn't stopping me. I began to limp as quickly as I could to the exit, even though the pain was about to make me pass out.
"Wait! You shouldn't be up! Your in to bad of a state to be moving right now!" As I heard this voice I froze. When I turned around I saw a light pink rito rushing towards me with a worried look on her face.
As I started to make my way closer to the exit, she grabbed my sides and picked me up.
"What are you doing! You need to be resting!" Confused and scared, I was put back in the bed. "Where am I?! Why and I undressed?! What do you want from me?!" I asked with a hostile tone.
"Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you." The pink Rito said. "I was flying around when I saw you land at the bottom of the ravine. So I came down and noticed how beat up you were! That's why I brought you here, to recover in Rito village."  She said with a smile. "And your clothes were all torn up so I had to get you some new ones."
"Why are you helping me? You don't even know me." I asked confused. "And What happened to the buck?"
"Well when you landed at the bottom the buck decided you were dealt with so he left." As she said this I began to feel disappointed in my self. Why couldn't I shoot one arrow?! I wouldn't be here if I didn't miss the shot!
As I sat there in shame, the rito seemed to notice and apologize, "look, it's not your fault! I'm only helping you because I want to. Not because I want anything from you!" This seemed to make me feel a tad bit better, "Thank You so much for all your help." I started, "but I have to get home. My family needs me."
"Well you can't help them in that state! Why not stay a few days and take some time to heal?" She was right. I was useless like this. After a few moments I decided, "Why not?" The pink rito smiled, "Well that's good to hear! I'll go get you some medicine to help with you headache."
Once she was gone, I sighed, "Sorry mom, I'll be gone a few days..." I said to myself.
The next few days were a little better, the pink rito, Marissa, brought me a healing potion to fix my broken rib and sprained ankle. "Where did you get this?! These are expensive!" I exclaimed shocked.
"I have my ways!" Marissa said. When I drank the potion I suddenly felt all the pain dissolve into soreness.
"The only problem," she started, "is that the potion was only strong enough to heal some of your ankle." She said sadly.
"What about my rib?" I asked. "Oh! The potion fixed you broken rib since it was the worst out of your injuries. But, it will be really sore."
As she said that my spirits seemed to lift just enough to put a smile on my face. "Here," Marissa said giving me a crutch. "It's so you can walk while your ankles still recovering."
"How long will it take to recover?" I replied much happier and feeling better than before. "Hmm... about a week."
When I got the crunch I immediately got up to go outside. "Wait! You forgot something!" Marissa stated looking down. I forgot I was half naked.
"It's to cold to go outside like that!" She giggled, handing me a (F/C) sweater with warm leggings and brown boots that had fluffy insides.
Once I got them on, I raced out side limping with the crutch. Once I got out, cold wind whipped my face. Looking up I noticed a large rock gutting up out of the land with what looked like a giant perch at the end.
When I looked at my surroundings I saw stairs. Lots of stairs. But it seemed, wherever I was, I was near the top.
As I turned around a few more steps up, I saw a large platform. After a few minutes, I made it to the platform. The platform had a big while symbol on it representing what looked like a bird.
"Hmmmm... interesting..." I mumbled, limping closer to look at it better. Leaning on my crutch, I stood in the middle, taking in the amazing view.
We were high up. Very, very high up. I didn't do so good with heights.
As I slowly walk closer to the edge, I peered over the edge looking at all the water below, the wind blowing my (H/C) hair and my (E/C) eyes wide.
Then suddenly, someone called, "Look out!" I looked around confused when suddenly, a dark navy blue bird dropped quickly onto the platform.
Scared out of my pants from the surprise landing, I backed up, not noticing I reached the end of the platform until my foot slipped and I fell off.
"AAAAHHHH!" I was falling so fast everything was blurry. Then in almost an instant, I landed on something soft. What in the world?!
Then I noticed who it was. It was the blue Rito that scared me! When we got back on the platform, he glared at me, "What do you think your doing?! I just saved your life!"
"I'm sorry! Your landing just scared me!" I said shocked with his rude behavior. "Next time, don't stand on the landing platform then! I guess a lowly hylian such as yourself wouldn't know that..." he mumbled.
"What do you know about me? And if your going to keep calling me a lowly hylian, I'm only half of one!" As I said this a confused look appeared on his face. Except the glare never left.
After a few moments of glaring at each other he turned around and scoffed, "Next time don't stand in the middle of the platform!" Then he mumbled just enough for me to hear, "lowly hylian..."
"Half!" I yelled back as he walked away. What a complete jerk! I hope I never have to talk to him again!

A/N - Okay so this was a really long chapter for me but I hope you liked it. If there is anything you want to see in this story just comment and I'll check it out! I'll try to make each chapter have at most 2000 words so they're not to short. The only problem is that school has just started back up for me though so I won't have that much time to make this. Anyways I hope you liked it and want to see more because I had a lot of fun making this!