Princess

The next day after church everyone was going over to Jessica's parents house for lunch.  Danny's parents and Sarah and Evan were all going as well.

"You guys, we've discussed it with all of our kids and they've decided to let Nova break the news.  Nova, go ahead." Jessica says getting everyone's attention.

"I'm gonna be a big sister!  My Mommy's having a baby!"

"What?!  Damn, Jessica!" George says.

"You're pregnant?!" Sarah smacks Jessica on the arm.

"I am!" She laughs.

"I just thought you were chubby!  How far along are you?"

"Sixteen weeks!"

"Damn!"

"I know!"

"Jessica's pregnant?  Again?!" Alberta eyes widen.

"I'm so happy!  Another grandbaby!  It's yours, isn't it?" Dorothy asks.

"Yes, it's mine this time!" Jessica laughs.

"Aww!  I'm so happy!" Dorothy runs over and gives her a big hug.

"Thank you, mom!  Now, we have something else to tell you guys.. it's serious." Jessica sighs.
"They sent us to a specialist to have a scan done, it's pretty much like a fetal ekg."

"Oh my gosh!" Dorothy places her hand on her chest.

"The baby has a heart problem and will have surgery right after they're born.  It's been very difficult for us and we would appreciate all of your prayers."

"Of course, Jess!  Oh the poor little baby!"

"Thank you..
and I know you're all probably thinking I'm way to old to have a baby!  It wasn't planned, but I'm taking care of myself and.. hopefully everything will be okay." Jessica says with a soft smile.

"Oh age is just a number!  You're a pro at having babies, I'm sure this one will be no different!" Jane says giving her sister a hug.

***

18 weeks.

"Good morning, mommy!  How's the baby doing?" Nova smiled.

"The baby is doing well!  It's been kicking and wiggling around all morning!"

"Can I feel?"

"Sure!" Jessica walks over and Nova places her hand on her stomach.

"You've gotta press your hand down." Jessica says pressing her hand into her belly.

"Ah No!  What if I squish it?!" Nova quickly moves her hand.

"You won't squish it!" Jessica laughs.

Nova then places her hand back on her belly and says, "I think I felt a little kick."

"The baby's still small but soon you'll be able to feel it!"

"Good!  Oh and mommy, I'm not going to school today."

"Um, excuse me little miss?  Yes you are!"

"I wanna go with you and daddy to the doctor!"

"No baby, you have to go to school, silly!"