Bad Boy Love~ Part 38

Start from the beginning

We all gathered around the Christmas tree to open up presents. Sam tore one of hers open, she got some Barbie doll things and princess dresses. Maya got her a fairy book that she had a conniption over. She started reading it.

"They say some of the fairies like apple trees. Mom! Can we plant an apple tree?" she says jumping up and down.

"Maybe," my mom laughs as she sips on some of her coffee.

George got mostly video games and some Nike Elite socks. He thanked Maya for her present, but I didn't even pay attention to what she gave him. I was too busy opening up my presents. I didn't ask for much. I don't need much. Christmas was never my holiday. Most kids loved getting stuff, but I didn't really need anything. I still acted like it was a huge deal for Sam's sake.

Maya opened a sweater that Carrie got for her. Sam painted her a picture of a fairy. She is obsessed with them, as you can tell. Maya also got some gift cards to clothing stores and other girl shit.

I fucking hate girl shit.

But she looked happy opening them, so I don't care.

We all chipped in and got my mom a new kitchen knife set she wanted. She saw it on an infomercial and needed it the second she watched it. She also got a necklace from some store. I guess the store was a big deal cause she gasped.

After we finished opening presents, I helped clean up the mess of wrapping paper. Sam and George run up to their rooms to play with their new toys. My mom got a Christmas phone call from my grandma. She was taking the phone call in her room.

Maya was sitting alone on the couch watching Elf. I take a deep breath and walk over to her.

"Can we talk?" I ask her.

She looks up to me and nods. She pauses the movie and scoots over on the couch so I have a place to sit. I sit down and look at her.

"I am sorry," I say.

"I know you are," she replies. What does that mean?

"No, you don't get it," I start.

She interrupts me, "No, Jake. You don't get it. I thought about this, for a really long time. I realized I am not mad that you did it. You are Jake. If someone told me you would do that to me, I would believe them. I'm not saying that I'm not mad at all that you did it. I am mad that you did what you did, but I am more mad at the fact that you didn't tell me before it got too far. You didn't stop and tell me what you did. You had so many chances. You could have came clean early before dragging it out into this huge deal. The second I started crying about Ryan and how I loved him, you could have told me. You could have said he is an asshole, and that he told you to break our relationship. Only you didn't. You let me think he was sorry, that he genuinely didn't mean to do it. You messed with my head, Jake."

When she finishes, I don't know what to say.

"I know," I look to the ground. "I should have come clean early. I just would start to think about what you would say. If you would be more mad and hate me forever. I don't want to lose you. I know you can't lose what you don't have, but I felt like I did. I wanted you to forget about Ryan. I wanted you to be done with him. He turned back on the plan and tried to get you back. I was pissed. When you started to want him again, I got so pissed. I wanted you so bad I couldn't go five minutes without thinking about you. I would think about your smile and how you always blink when you cuss. You are the only girl that I couldn't stop thinking about. The only girl I can't stop thinking about. When you fake being asleep just because you want me to carry you to bed," I smirk. Her eyes go wide and her face gets red. "Yeah, I knew you were awake last night. I carried you to bed because I thought it would be that last time I would be able to hold you close. To be with you. I can't imagine my life if you left."