Little Darling

You were in a interview. It was Elvis death anniversary and you were there to tell your stories to the world. You knew Elvis. You were a model from the 50s and 60s.

A blonde woman sat in front of you with a kind smile. She shook your hand.

"Nice to meet you Y/N. Can you tell us some stories with Elvis."

You nodded and smiled. One memory occurred to you that you would love to share with everyone.

"I met Elvis at a party. He tried getting to know me."

It was the year 1964, You were sipping on a martini with your male friend. His arm was wrapped around your waist. People were snapping photos while music was being played in the background. You kept looking around, actually trying to find Elvis. You had heard he would be arriving.

You suddenly heard the name 'Elvis ' being tossed around. He was here. You began to flip out in the inside but you kept calm in the outside and kept drinking away.

Your male friend had left to go dance so you were by yourself in a booth. As you were corrupted in your thoughts, a deep voice was in your ear.

"Hello little darling." You snapped your head to see the one and only Elvis Presley.

You heart began to pound but you somehow managed to keep cool, "Hello." You greeted back at him with a smile.

He sat next to you and looked in your green eyes. He had a flirtatious look in his eyes. You knew what he was trying to get at and you didn't like the idea. Sure, Elvis was a very handsome man but you weren't just going to give in like that.

"Its not very ladylike now is it?" Your present self chuckled.

"So, did you come here alone?" He asked you.

You showed him a big smile, "Yes and I plan leaving here alone." You responded.

His smile faded away and he nodded, "Well, I'm a big fan of your work. I liked the one photo where you have paint splattered on you. Very creative." He conversed.

"Thank you. Your not to shabby yourself in your work. " you then settled your hand in your hand, "What work is it that you do?" You sarcastically said.

He snickered, "Look, I know it might've seemed as if I were just going to get in your pants but I'm not. I wanted to get to know you."

You smirked, "Well my name is Y/N and I like to eat." You said. He chuckled.

"My name is Elvis and I don't know when to stop eating." This joke made you laugh out loud.

"Although he said he wanted to get to know me, he meant more then that. I was a stubborn girl. I didn't let him get his way. But we did become friends. We never had one night together. Our relationship was more then that. We were friends. I went to his marriage, I became Lisa's Godmother. I was there on his last week of living." You recalled.

You were in Memphis that weekend for a interview and you had just finished. You decided to go visit Elvis. You knocked on the door and the door was opened by little Lisa.

"Hello love!" You hugged the little girl.

"Hi Y/N!" She greeted back.

"Well hello Y/N." You looked up to see Elvis.

He didn't look healthy. He had gained weight. He was wearing a black body suit and some sunglasses. You had a feeling brush right by you that something wasn't right. You had this bad feeling.

"Elvis!" You hugged him and he hugged back.

"How's everything?' He asked you as you entered inside.

He sat down on his nice white couch that still managed to be clean. You sat down next to him.

"It's fantastic. James is back at home taking care of Lina and Teddy." You responded to his question.

He grabbed a cigar and placed it on his lips. That image you saw right in front of you saddened you. You knew Elvis wasn't happy inside and you knew that his time was coming. He wasn't healthy at all. And you haven't seen him in forever and you had a feeling you wouldn't see him again. A tear slipped from your eye.

"I m-missed you." You croaked out. He looked up at you and took off his sunglasses.

"Don't cry little darling."

"Don't cry little darling is what he said to me. He hugged me. After that, we ate." You chuckled of the nice little memory.

You were outside now standing in front of Elvis. He looked down at you with a huge smile.

"Visit soon. Ok?"

"Ok." You agreed. He hugged you and you hugged him back as the smell of cologne filled your nose.

"Love you little darling." He whispered in your ear.

"Love you too Elvis." You stepped away from him and smiled. You turned around and walked down the steps. You wanted to turn back but you didn't. You kept on going and as you left to your car, you waved goodbye. He waved back.

"Elvis died three days later. If of course drove back to Memphis and attended the funeral. I cried so much." You truthfully spoke. The interviewer nodded with a saddened expression.

"I hope he's having a wonderful birthday in heaven. I loved him dearly and no one can change that."

After the interview, you drove back home coughing crazily. You pulled in your parking space and coughed some more. After your coughing fit you just sat in your car and thought of the legend who was your friend. You wondered why he was chosen to die and not you instead. You weren't to healthy yourself. You were smoking and drinking alchohal. Three weeks after Elvis death, you had a heart attack. You survived fortunately. But what if you did die? You'd be in heaven with your dead family members and you'd be hugging Elvis. But you didn't.

After thinking in your car, you arrived home. No one was home. Your husband was fishing while Lina and Teddy were living there own lives. You were alone by yourself. You kicked off your shoes and entered your bedroom. You laid down and closed your eyes and seeped into slumber.

August 16th, 2018
Y/N L/N died.
Shes in heaven dancing with Elvis.

.......
Hi there. I didn't think it would get that emotional in this chapter. But it did. I hope you enjoyed. Please share and follow! Give me suggestions on what to write about!

-R