A Trickster in Truth-Prolouge

Trickster

noun

A person who cheats or deceives people.

Deceive

verb

(of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.

-

I am, I admit, a Trickster.

It's not really something I mean to do, but when that 'personal advantage' is saving my skin, I gladly trickster my way out of that mess. Most Werewolves are Tricksters, if you look at it that way. What with all our hiding that Secret.

Oh, I didn't mention that bit, did I?

Yes, I am a Werewolf. My family is, to an extent, Werewolves. My mother and older brother are actually Werefoxes, but lets not complicate things.

Truthfully, the world is full of Werewolves, and other shifters. We mostly stick in our territories, so you won't find too many Werewolves in, say, Africa. You would find Werecheetahs, or whatever other Weres call themselves. Shifters are as diverse as animals, and sometimes, just as temperamental.

Anyway, I was on the subject of tricksters, wasn't I? Well, this story is about tricksters. And just one Trickster. The Trickster. He likes making things difficult for, well, everyone. All us other tricksters, human or shifter.

We are the wolves in the sheeps' fold. He is the cougar in the wolves' pack. Or maybe a bear. One thing's for certain.

He's not a lamb.