Temple or maze runner?

I ran to the nearest...safe looking place? Which was a huge mistake because there where walking dead things and huge flying monkeys.... Fly-fly-ing monkeys!?!?!?!?!?!

Then i see something id never thought id see again...another living person fighting his way through the um...flying monkeys and hordes of....dead.

Then i find a car, its not very pretty. Its a monstrosity that is yellow, but it plows through anything. The sky is blood red again.

I hop into the yellow ugly beast of a car and save the other person. I pull up and say, more like shout.

"GET IN NOW!!!!!"

He gets in and his first words are "you stole my kill" in a very whiney voice. I get so annoyed by that i start yelling at him "i saved your damn life! This world is hell now!!! And all you can think about is your kill count!?!?!? Its not a god-damn video game! Get over it and move on. If your not gonna help me figure this whole new world out then get out of this car right now" he doesnt say anything for a while, but a few minutes in silence fly by, with bloody rain falling down.

I start thinking to myself, if this is some kinda test im in i will never forgive those people. And if this is a dream im never going to sleep again.

He starts talking "this is not a "new world" its never changed a bit, you just finally woke up to see reality. Out here, kills mean everything it means kill or be killed. Each man for him self. Its been this way for 3 billion years. But i know of-" hes cut off when we are attacked by....more undead things. They jump on my car and start pounding and clawing at the windows. I look to my left and see a- a dead girl about...7. Half her rib-cage exposed and her face half bit/clawed off. Without thinking i slam the breaks. Sending about 7 of them flying from my car. The one on top fell off when i hit the gas.

I ask him "whats your name?"

"Joseph Supfreen"

"Im Brandy Canteen"

I start in "so you where saying earlier, that you know what exactly?"

"A safe place"

"Whats it called?"

"Earth"

I almost died when he said it. First i just realized im not on earth. Second i don't even know how i got here, or even where here is!?!!?

"OH MY GOD YOU MEAN THIS IS NOT EARTH!?!?!!??! WHERE ARE WE NOW!?!?!? HOW DID I GET HERE AND WHY AM I HERE??"

"Calm down, the government of earth knew earth would have major bombs explode in and on it, the time has come, the last 24 hours you remember before waking up was all a special medicine that was given to you so you would be prepared for this world, and not die, or go into shock instantly"

"What about earth? What about my family?"

Earth is just a ball of dirt and water and people can go back to at some point,and your family was divided and sent to various places on this planet, they are all safe, but you may never see them again"

I start crying at the last part he said. Then i ask "what am i supposed to do in your world?"

"Survive and kill count"

"Wanna do this together?" I suggest not wanting to go alone. He shrugs and says "ehhh..only cause your a noob ill let ya tag along"

Then the sky turns into lava, and we find a safe place to rest at.