"What in Merlin's-Was it one of you?" Filch shrieked, turning on the young Gryffindor students that cowered in horror at what had happened to Filch.

"I only wish I could've done that. You're a genius!" Sirius laughed under a hushed tone, pressing a kiss to the corner of Asteria's mouth.

Asteria turned to James now, "Call Remus. He'll scare them away and you can control the werewolf in your animagus forms."
James only nodded in response before cupping his hand around his mouth and letting out a tremendous howl into the night sky.

"We better get out of here... But don't think I wouldn't like to see you all get devoured by a werewolf." Filch warned, clambering to his feet and hurriedly leading the way out of the clearing.
One of the young Gryffindors looked around, "And why exactly aren't we running away?" he complained frantically.

"W-where did the Death Eaters go?" Asteria mumbled, gripping the two boys either side of her as they all remained hidden behind one of the trees.

James turned to them, "I'll make sure Filch and the students get out of the forest safe. You two stay here and contain Remus. If anyone sees any sign of the Slytherins send up fireworks."
Asteria and Sirius nodded in response before James transformed into his animagus form and galloped out into the darkness.

All attention moved instantly to the figures that emerged from the edge of the shadows. Snape, Avery, Mulciber, Rosier, and Regulus Black stepped forward, all with their black hoods up and their menacing wands drawn.

"Regulus..." Sirius' confidence wavered slightly as he recognised his own younger brother stood opposing him.
Regulus nodded curtly, "Brother."

"You've ruined out chance to practice some curses. Guess you'll have to be our volunteers now." Avery sneered.
Mulciber  cackled, "It's just too good to be true."

Sirius moved in front of the girl, "Stay behind me." he warned sternly.

"Then you'll be the first to di-" Avery was caught off guard by a deafening howl.

A split second a rat scampered into the clearing, quickly transforming into the familiar shape of Peter Pettigrew, who stumbled to his feet before taking note of the situation around him.

"H-he's here!" Peter squealed, gripping onto Asteria and holding her body in front of him as some sort of shield.

"Wormtail!" Sirius frowned before transforming into his animagus form of a dog.

Rosier staggered backwards, "What on earth-"
"I knew it!" Snape sneered triumphantly as Regulus nodded knowingly.

It all happened in an instant. Suddenly.
The werewolf burst through the forest and bounded into the clearing. Letting out a ferocious roar the beast looked around at each individual dangerously. His sight locked on Avery as Remus snarled and narrowed his eyes.

"Stay still!" Asteria yelled at the Death Eater as Sirius ran towards the werewolf.

The dog and the werewolf collided midair, violently battling each other for control.

"Get out! Go now!" Asteria pushed in front of the other Slytherin students now, urging them to escape the Forbidden Forest as quickly as they could.

"I'd die before I gave up the chance to end you!" Avery exclaimed, raising his wand at Asteria.
Rosier pulled him back, "I'd rather survive the night to be honest." He whispered in Avery's ear.

"Don't be a coward." Avery retorted.

"I can easily escape that werewolf and leave you all here if you're not careful!" Asteria cried, watching Sirius attempt desperately to subdue the werewolf. In that moment, the werewolf picked up Sirius in its mouth and crashed him into the large trunk of a tree several metres away. The dog collapsed on the floor whimpering slightly.