Home Sweet Home/The Celebration

Start from the beginning

"We should have a celebration!" Beppi the clown suggested.

"I'll make a cake!" Baroness Von Bon Bon added.

'And I'll provide free magic tricks for everyone!" Djimmi the genie offered. "No wishes or coins necessary!"

"That sounds great!" Cuphead beamed. Mugman gasped at the peoples' generosity. His eyes sparkled at the thought of a celebration in their honor.

"Yes! Tomorrow we will have a party!" Elder Kettle happily agreed. "But for now, you boys need to rest. And get those wounds healed." The Elder helped the boys down from the stage with his free hand. He saw how severe their wounds actually were and was surprised how peppy the boys were for such deep wounds. Cup and Mug had put on a confident and happy face for everyone. But in reality, they were ready to collapse on their beds and sleep for hours.

"It looks like you boys had one heck of a fight with the Devil." Kettle stated as he looked worriedly at the gash on Cuphead's chest and the white liquid that pooled under Mugman's shirt and soaked his right arm. "I'm sure it wasn't easy."

"No, it wasn't." Cuphead replied. "And we learned the hard way that the Devil is not someone we, or anyone, should mess with."

"And so we promise to never wander into trouble again." Mugman concluded. The Elder just chuckled happily as he ushered the boys home. He prepared to treat the boys' wounds. They all gathered in the kitchen area, where the boys could sit down at the dining table. Cuphead watched as the kettle approached him first. The large gash on Cup's chest was what drew him there first. 

"Now this looks mighty painful." It stated. He then noticed the cracks on his arm and the ones on his cup where the demonic mug had swatted him. "Oh dear!" Elder Kettle gasped, inspecting the cracks closely. He lifted the cup's black sleeve to see the white liquid oozing out of the cracks. "Well, I do believe we have some potions and magic spells that can heal these wounds overnight."

"No. Do Mugman first." The young cup told his guardian. "He's been through a lot." Elder Kettle wondered what "a lot" meant when Cuphead's wounds were that severe.

"Very well." Kettle replied. He then turned to the younger cup. "OK, Mugman. Show me where it hurts the most, and we'll start there." The young mug slowly grabbed his black shirt by the sleeves. He shakily took off the blood-stained shirt. The kettle's eyes shot wide open. Cracks were all over Mug's body.

"Oh my!" The brown kettle gasped. Elder started to rub a magic potion on Mugman's chest. It was white with his soul liquid instead of his regular silver glass skin. The child winced as his guardian applied the potion on his chest, arms and cracked leg.

"And the back." Mug added as he turned around. Kettle saw the two unusually large cracks that extended the full length of his torso.

"Mugman, are you sure the Devil did all of this to you?" Elder Kettle questioned. Cuphead closed his eyes and turned his cup away from his brother and guardian. He was ready for Mugman to rat him out. Ready to take the blame for some of those wounds.

"Yes." Was Mugman's answer. "He was ruthless." Cup whipped his eyes open and head back around, knowing that his brother wasn't telling the truth.

"But Mugs..." Cuphead started to say.

"No. This isn't your fault, Cuphead." Mug replied. "The Devil is to blame for all of it."

"This may sting a little, son." The kettle warned as he went to apply the potion.

"Ow-ow!" He screamed as the ointment made contact with his back. The young mug tried to hold back tears of pain. This potion gave a burning sensation on these deep cuts.