A Demonic Vengeance

Start from the beginning

"No! Mugman! Please don't!" A scared Cuphead cried out. Mugman still stood facing the Devil. Dark blue magic started to froth at his hands. The mug moved his eyes, but not head, in his brother's direction. Fiery pupils focused on Cuphead as the mug gave a slight nod in his direction. Mugman then sprung forward at the Devil. A magic blue hand swiped across the deity's face faster than he could react. The black creature stumbled to his right, holding a bruised cheek with his left paw. Yellow eyes shot back open in shock. They looked back in the mug's direction, who had just landed back on his brown boots.

"What?!" But this is impossible!" The creature screamed in shock that his monster had just disobeyed him. It was insulted but also nervous what a fellow demon could do to him.

"Yeah, that's right!" Cuphead cheered, throwing his fists in the air. "Mugman makes the impossible possible! I'm right behind you, buddy!" He called to his brother. Mugman, however, looked back at Cuphead and gave a small roar of warning. The young cup gasped at his brother's response. But then he realized that Mug was telling him to stay back and away from the violence. The possessed mug then looked back at the Devil. A deep growl gurgled in his cup. The Devil saw the fire in his eyes glow brightly. That certain flare meant it wanted to kill. The Devil realized this and felt a bolt of fear rush through his body. He went to grab his trident that he had previously put down. Mugman noticed this too. Still smaller than the black creature, the young mug sped past the demon. His brown boots skidded to a stop as he swiped up the golden trident. Taking it in both clawed hands, the mug promptly snapped the magical weapon in two.

"Heh heh heh...." It laughed in success.

"No!!! What have you done?" The Devil cried out. Grey hands clasped his head in shock. A scowl then came upon his face as he lowered his hands. "You have just sealed both of your fates... starting with your brother!" A roar of vengeance came from Mugman. The possessed mug's eyes narrowed and then it launched itself again. A gloved hand grabbed hold of the black creature's left horn. The monstrous mug then dragged its opponent to the ground by that very horn. Its face smashed into the stone floor. Cuphead saw his brother step away from the Devil's body with a piece of the horn still in his hand. With a small growl, Mugman threw the severed horn piece to the side. He promptly made his hand glow blue with magic. It then traveled toward the deity's head. Without looking, the creature was able to catch Mugman's hand just above its head. Two yellow eyes peered over the collided hands.

"You want a fight, mugface? I'll give you a fight!" The black creature sneered as its eyes flared red. Both demonic creatures growled at each other. Mugman quickly jumped back as he sensed his opponent's spade tail speeding toward him. The young mug stepped out of the way just in time to see the tail lash in front of his face. This gave the Devil a moment to stand up and plan an attack. Mug's hand was still glowing blue, ready to strike again. The deity copied his demon and summoned black magic at his hands. Both Mugman and the Devil boldly leapt at one another. Each swung a punch. Mug used his right hand while the Devil used his left. Their fists made contact with one another. The deity's fist came from above and Mugman aimed upward with his fist. Neither of them were willing to give in. The black creature sneakily used his other hand to throw a low punch. A glowing black paw sunk into Mugman's stomach. This made the mug rapidly slide backwards. It didn't take long for him to use his newfound claws against the ground to slow himself to a stop. It growled in frustration and glared back at the dark tormentor.

Making his hands blue, the possessed mug charged at the deity once more. Mugman began to rapid-fire shots of blue magic at the Devil. The black creature put up his arms to shield his face and chest from being pummeled. Each of the magic shots exploded on his arms and torso. These attacks were only a distraction. The demonic mug readied his claws as he got close to the dark master. Mugman attacked low and scraped his claws along the tormentor's stomach. The Devil screeched in pain. It looked down at its once fuzzy torso to see blood oozing from the wound. Mug gave a sly smile as he skidded to a stop after passing the Devil. The black creature touched the wound with his gray fingers. At first it wondered what this red substance was. But then he realized he had seen it released from other living beings that he had tortured. The red liquid that meant pain and suffering. And now he had this substance oozing out of his own body. The Devil didn't even know that he could bleed. He had never let anyone come so close as to test the theory that he could be hurt or killed. Realization hit the Devil that he was now faced with a monster that could do him in. Fear ran through him like electricity as he thought of losing his crown over the realm of darkness.