He typed in some codes into the computer as the new set of memories rolled onto the screen. His smile faltered when he realised that he had entered deeper into the limbic system.

His brown eyes fell onto a sleeping Jade as he stared at her with sadness. "Why didn't you ever tell me that you were in the car with Victoria when she overdosed?"

His eyes flickered back onto the screen as he watched Victoria drinking an alcoholic beverage while speeding. He noticed Jade in the rearview mirror, screaming her head off as tears fell down her cheeks, praying for her mom to stop.

Then the pickup truck came crashing into the passenger side. The windshield shattered, and the car flipped over.

Tony squeezed her hand, gently but tightly. "I almost lost you."

* * *

Jade woke up slowly. Her amber eyes adjusted to the dim light of the lab. An oxygen mask was over her mouth; her heart started beating rapidly in nervousness and panic on not knowing where she was. Her attire didn't give off a good impression either, considering she was in one of those hospital robes that made people feel exposed.

Her head was killing her as well. The side of her head was throbbing. She gently ran her fingers over the scar that was on the right side of her head.

The lab door sliding open got her attention, and she whipped around, spotting Tony walk into the lab with a small smile on his face. "Jade, how are you feeling?" He asked as he removed the oxygen mask from her face.

She stared at him with wild eyes before slowly calming down. "I'm fine. Who are you?"

"I got the metal plate out of your head. But your bionic chip can't be reset. It's permanently implanted on the nerve cord," Tony informed, skipping introductions.

Jade stayed silent, breathing heavily. "So I do not need to kill?"

"Correct."

"Then why does it look like you're not fully satisfied?"

Tony sighed. "Because I didn't necessarily delete Nightshade's conscience. I gave you the ability to be able to change back and forth between the two of you. You are the only one able to do it, though. Also, I couldn't bring back your old memories. They're all there deep in your hippocampus; you'll just have to access them on your own. Ivanov put too much damage that I couldn't completely fix you."

Jade lowered her gaze as she slid off the lab table. "What if I never get them back? Or I never remember who I am?"

"Then we'll make new ones." Tony grabbed her shoulders, waiting to see if she'd pull away. When she gave no sign of that, he hugged her. "Jade, I got you back after three years. Do you really think I'm going to throw you on the street? Hell no, I'm going to be the father you always wanted me to be. I'm willing to try again if you are too."

"I'll try," Jade whispered. "I may not be good at it since this hug is really making me uncomfortable right now, but I'll try."

Tony let her go, pushing her back by her shoulders. "I'm sorry. We'll start with some baby steps."

Jade looked down at her attire with disgust. "I'd rather have my uniform back. I feel way to expose in this."

Tony chuckled as he walked behind his lab desk before picking up bags of girl clothes. He sat on the operation bed before pulling out sets of outfits. "I may have had Agent Hill and Wanda go clothes shopping for you." He handed her a pair of white ripped shorts as well as a black tank top and a black and white plaid flannel. "I personally wouldn't want you to wear this, but Agent Hill and Wanda said that you'd probably like it because this is what is in style with teenaged girls."