Chapter 13

"I'm serious, Tim. I'm not holding that thing." Eddie says, shaking his head as he backs away.

"Ed, Listen. Everyone has fears. Some big, some small. I have a tremendous fear of heights. It doesn't make you less of a man to admit it." Tim says.

"I'm not scared." Eddie says as he stares at the spider in Tim's hand.

"Bullsh*t. You're shaking in your shoes." Tim says.

"I am not! I... uh... I just don't care to hold it." Eddie says.

"I would have never jumped off that ledge if you hadn't pissed me off. Now, stop being a d*mn crybaby and hold the f*cking spider." Tim argues with a raised brow.

"I'M NOT A D*MN CRYBABY!!" Eddie says angrily.

"Then prove it." Tim says as he holds the spider out.

Eddie takes a deep breath as he holds out a shaking hand. 

"If this f*cking thing bites me, I'm punching you in the face." Eddie warns.

"It's not going to bite you. If it does? Then I deserve a punch in the face." Tim chuckles as he puts the spider in Eddie's hand.

The spider sits calmly in the big man's hand.

"See? It's not going to hurt you." Adam says with a smile.

"Alright, I held the d*mn thing. Take it." Eddie says as he hands the spider back to the employee.

"See? That wasn't so bad was it?" Tim says as they wash their hands.

"You know I hate you, right?" Eddie growls as he dries his hands.

"I know." Tim chuckles and winks at his friend as he takes Adam by the hand and walks away.

"You know, I have a fear too." Avi says as he hurries to catch up with the hitman, pulling Kirstie along with him.

"Oh, really? And what is that?" Tim asks as he looks into a glass case of venomous spiders.

"Ice cream." Avi says with a sad nod. "Especially the banana split. They terrify me."

"A banana split sounds extremely scary." Austin laughs.

"I know, right?" Avi nods.

"Well, we'll see what we can do about letting you face your fears later." Tim says with a smirk.

"You're such an evil person." Avi grins as his eyes light up with excitement.

"Can we get out of here before we find an empty case that's supposed to have a deadly spider in it?" Eddie says as he looks around nervously.

"Like this one?" Chris says as he looks into a case. "The Sydney Funnel-Web Spider."

"WHAT!!??" Eddie yells.

"Just kidding." Chris laughs.

"F*CK YOU, CHRIS!" Eddie says as he stomps toward the exit.

"That was a good one." Tim laughs as he gives Chris a high-five.

"Seriously though. This place is kinda creeping me out a bit." Adam says quietly as he squeezes Tim's hand.

"Okay, let's get out of here." Tim says as they head to the exit.

They walk out to find Eddie and Esther sitting on a bench waiting for them.

"You alright, Ed?" Tim asks as he sits down on the bench beside his friend, patting him on the leg.