77 [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

Vogue EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW with Claire Nicholson and Tom Holland:

INSIDE THE RELATIONSHIP: AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH CLAIRE NICHOLSON AND TOM HOLLAND

V: First off, congratulations!

CN & TH: Thank you!

V: Alright, so let's start at the beginning, how did you two meet?

CN: It was in 2010, I was twelve and Tom was fourteen. I was in London for two weeks that summer at the Royal Ballet summer school program, and Tom was finishing up his run as Billy Elliot in the West End.

TH: My friend Scott, who was one of the other Billys, was having some friends over at his house. He's a dancer, actually he's a demi-soloist at the Vienna State Ballet now, anyway, he was doing classes at the Royal on days he wasn't performing and he had a few friends over. Claire was one of them. So it was a few dancers and a few people from the musical and I met Claire there. Iron Man 2 had come out a couple months before, so we talked about that and ballet.

CN: We did exchange phone numbers but I accidentally gave him my temporary British number, just because that's what I had gotten used to using. I found him on Instagram later and we both followed each other but we never really talked after that night at Scott's. I had a huge crush on him though, I forced my best friend Anna to come with me to the theater to watch The Impossible probably seven times.

TH: yeah, I totally had a crush on Claire after I first met her, but like she said, we kinda lost contact till Marvel cast her as Blue Shadow and cast me as Spider-Man.

V: And you started dating during the filming of Captain America Civil War. What was that like?

TH: Well, I know I was super excited to see her again

CN: Yeah, and Tom was the only person I'd ever met before on set so we hung out a lot

TH: Once we got to Germany I spent most nights in Claire's room watching movies

CN: And then we had out first date on August 15th, we went to a museum and the rest is history I guess.

V: You've had a lot of time together recently but it isn't always like that. What's it like when one of you is off working?

TH: Well, we both work pretty much all year.

CN: Yeah, I have to be in San Francisco for at least 7 months of the year to dance with the San Francisco Ballet. It was hard in the beginning of our relationship to be apart for months on end, especially because Tom had about three projects back to back, but last year we bought a house together in San Francisco so I'm based there and Tom still has his apartment in London as well.

TH: So whenever I'n not working I usually go to our house now, but most holidays and when we're both on a break we tend to go to London.

V: So you've been together for four years and Tom popped the question. How was the proposal?

CN: Oh it was super sweet. We were in London, and doing more touristy things that I never had a chance to do. We were walking along the river and when we were by the Globe Theater, Tom stopped. He had a really sweet speech and then he got down on one knee and I freaked. I was so happy.

TH: Aww Claire. Yeah, it was pretty lowkey. We're both romantics but with all the huge press events and crazy things we've gone to the past few years, I want it to be a little more chill. My best friend Harrison helped me pick out the ring.

V: And you guys are pretty young. How did your parents react?

TH: Well, we are engaged, yes, but we don't have a date for the wedding yet and I don't think it's going to be too soon. My parents love Claire and were so happy when we told them the news. Claire's already felt like part of the family for a while, so this is just making it a little more official.

CN: Tom's family were great about it. They've alway felt like family to me so we knew they'd take it well. I don't have the best relationship with my parents, they're not really a big part of my life, but we did tell them when Tom proposed. They took it okay, but their opinion really isn't that important to me.

V: We know you said you don't plan on having the wedding soon, but are there any details you can share with us?

CN: Well, I know Anna, my best friend, is going to be my Maid of Honor.

TH: And Harrison will probably be my Best Man. My brothers will obviously be up there with me though.

CN: And Zendaya, Letitia Wright and my friend Elisa will definitely be bridesmaids. I think we already have a pretty good idea of who we want at the wedding. There's definitely someone who I want to play at the reception but I don't know if it's happen.

V: Well, thank you for this interview, it's been a pleasure. Everyone at Vogue wishes you the best!

CN & TH: Thank you so much!

Banana Pancakes • Tom HollandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara