Chapter 9: Monte Carlo

Waves crashed, I smelled crisp air. I rose as I heard a body shuffle against the weight of the bed beneath me. I slowly moved my head to the noise that was beside me, I look over and Nate was sleeping his eyelashes wet from sleep an eye opened and I jumped. He laughed as he sat up "Good morning" he laughed, I chuckled looking back at the open canopy window the white drapes on the blowing in the slight breeze entering the room, I swung my legs on the side of the bed and stood up. My tense limbs were loosening up as i walked over to the white silk robe. I turned with my hands around the sashes about to tie. I looked at Nate staring at me from the bed, the lines creasing around his mouth formed into a smile. I leaned crawling across the bed looking down into his blue eyes chasing mine. I could smell the hot breath cascading off his teeth he leaned forward as he kissed me. He started wrapping his arms around me as I pushed back. "We-You need to get ready." I said looking over at the passports sitting on the armoire with the tickets inside. He moaned and covered his face in the pillow a low growl came out as I sat laughing I patted his back, and got up from the bed. We had packed last night and I went to shower, while I came out I towel dried my hair hearing laughter from Nate coming in the next room. I walked out and he looked at me. "I gotta go" he said. "Who was that?" I asked. He looked at me. "Serena" He said, I shook my head and grabbed my luggage and passport. "Every single time." I laughed under my breath, he groaned and stood in front of the door. "How many times do I have to tell you, Serena and I are FRIENDS. I am not Chuck, I will never be Chuck. So stop thinking every-time I talk to a female I want to have sex with them." He said grabbing my jaw with both hands. I looked at him. His blue eyes piercing into me. "I have a flight to catch at three, please.-" I said I motioned my hands to shoo so he can get out of the way. He stood looking at me. I looked out the window to the city skyline of Monte Carlo. He lifted up my chin so I can look directly at him. "What?" I said. He paced my eyes. "I love you. I have always been in love with you." I looked at his pupils blackened. My tongue went through my teeth to answer. "I love you." I finally said. He wrapped his arm around my waist and brought my body to his. "I'm serious." I looked at his cupids bow he had a slight beard peaking through. My hands gripped the bare of his back. "I'm serious." I said roughly while kissing him, he smiled against my lips. He opened the door for me. As I walked out I wheeled my luggage down the hotel. "Fuck!" I mumbled to myself. I ran back down the hallway and knocked. Nate opened the door with trousers on and his polo around his chest. "You forgot something?" He smiled at me. "Yeah you!" I hit his chest. I rolled in, and sat on the bed. He put both sides of his hands beside me and leaned down to kiss me. I looked at him. "We're going to miss the flight!" I moaned. I yanked his polo down and kissed his neck.

New York

I was awoken by the opening of the curtains, and the bright light shining from the window. I covered my eyes with the back of my hand I squinted and saw Nate's silhouette in front of the chiffon curtains. "No!" I yelled at him. He laughed and crawled across the bed. "Wakey wakey eggs and- "he started kissing my neck. "OOoo bakey" I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him down I lifted the covers, as he started taking off his boxers. I threw them and started laughing while we were kissing. He lifted my leg up, and we had sex until we both... well slept more. I woke up before Nate and got dressed I wore a white turtleneck with a white and black big box plaid with long black high heeled boots. I went into the elevator, as it dinged. I had a Birken bag in the crook of my arm, as I exited the lobby, I went into the concrete and the sounds of sirens and honks known as the upper east side. I walked over to Blaire's, as I entered the apartment. I saw Chuck standing with his back to me while Serena stood laughing. She gasped and giggled when she saw me and ran to me. Chuck turned around and his eyes lit up, a force went around the room like a force field of energy. "You look great, and TAN!" Serena squealed. She held my arms out admiring me. "Chuck." I said. He smiled at me. "How were you and Nathaniel's trip?" He asked. "It was great." Serena squealed. She held my arms out admiring me. "Chuck." I said. He smiled at me. "How were you and Nathaniel's trip?" He asked. "It was great." I replied. Serena looked at both of us knowing we needed to talk. I had left abruptly after the miscarriage. Not giving any word to where I had gone, I called Nate and we left on the redeye that night. "I will let you two talk." Serena had said she kissed my cheek. She swayed her way upstairs, as the ambiance in the room created a fire. I walked to him; my heart was beating in my throat. I could feel my throat tightening up. I sat, as he followed. I touched the inside of his elbow while he looked at me his hand touched mine. A smile formed. "I missed you." He whispered. I looked at him. "I love you." He also repeated. I looked at him, as his forehead was on the temple of head. I put my arm on his forearm. "We need to talk." I said, he exhaled loudly. "Can we just wait." We just sat like that for a while. "I was with Nate, and I-." Before I could finish he kissed me. He put his hands on my face, and we kissed. I could feel his longing and how much he missed me. I heard the elevator ring, and the sound of Dorota greeting Nate rung and I stood while Chuck coughed adjusting himself to look casual. Nate walked in and saw both of us not addressing each other. Nate came behind me and moved the hair out of my cheek and kissed my earlobe. "I knew this would wear you would run too." he said. I laughed. Chuck's fingertips dug into the couch. "Well you know me so well." I sarcastically implied. I looked at Nate sitting on the arm of the chair. "So, let's go." I said. Chuck stood. "No, wait." I looked at him with stern. He looked at me, and back at Nate. "I'll tell Serena myself you're leaving nevermind." He saved himself. I looked at him looking at Nate's back. "We'll finish talking later." I mouthed while Nate got up. "Well we should get going." he said, his arm slithered his way around my waist. "Bye!" i said ominously. He nodded. We walked into the elevator, I grabbed for his hand, and he leaned over and pull the emergency lever, the elevator stopped abruptly as I looked for him. "Okay..." I said sensing the tension. "What did you and Chuck talk about?" He said his voice somewhat shaking, I looked at him looking up at me his blue eyes pacing my face everywhere looking for me to shake down the truth. "He asked me how Monte Carlo was, and that's all." I said. I breathed in deep turning my body to face him, my arms crossed. "I will have to talk to him soon. He deserves an answer to why I left him in the middle of the night." I said. Nate shook his head. "I don't know." He breathed. I saw him looking at his shoes. I stood in front of him and put my hands on his face. "I love you." I said I started looking at every detail in his face his slim nose, his bushy eyebrows. "If you don't want me to see him I won't. I will not talk to him. Even when we are out at parties I will not if it means that bad to you. I'll do it Archibald." I laughed. He breathed out relieved his hands on both sides of my hips. "Thank you, and as for talking to him. I will let you explain to him, and that is the end. He said putting a finger in my face, shaking it. I laughed I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his jaw until I hit his lips. He took hands and moved my body closer so we could be practically were squishing each other. "I love you." He said looking at me. "I love you more." I said.