"Are you sure that's such a good idea?" Midoriya asked.

     "Yeah, I mean, she's your ex." Kirishima scratched his head.

     "I know," I answered. "I just feel like it would be rude to not invite her. I just want to stay on good terms with her."

     Slowly, everyone agreed one by one, save Midoriya. Everyone's eyes turned to him when they realized he'd remained silent.

     "Midoriya?" I asked.

     He cleared his throat. "Isn't this kind of like your situation with Bakugo? He likes (Y/N), and Taega likes you still, I'm sure.  I know you think it's rude to exclude her, but what if we were just really careful in not telling her?"

     I thought for a second. "You have a point, but I'm more afraid of Bakugo throwing a fit and destroying the evening than Taega."

     "How about we invite neither?" Iida suggested.

     "I do actually want Kacchan there, though," Midoriya disagreed.

     "But then we should probably invite Taega . . ." Uraraka said quietly.

     Just then, we heard Bakugo's loud voice outside the door, and his atrocious footsteps approaching the classroom. It almost drowned out the sound of the first bell. 

     Iida motioned for us to disperse to our seats. Time to start class.

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     After Nachika and I had gotten out of the building and parted ways, I ran the route I used to take to school, the route Taega now took. Walking together once wasn't gonna hurt anything, and besides, I wanted to try making things right with her.

     "Taega!" I shouted as I scrambled to catch up to her.

     She turned around, hearing her name. "What do you want? I thought we couldn't be seen together." She continued walking, not waiting for me.

     I said nothing until I was walking beside her. "I just really don't want it to be like this between us," I said, with a hint of pleading. "You wanted me to notice how upset you were when you left the room."

     "No I wasn't," she snapped.

     "Yes you were!"

     Suddenly she stopped walking, me stopping beside her. She gave me an angry glare.

     "You're with Shoto, aren't you?" she barked. "Come on, you can stop pretending, because you know what? You suck at it. I've had my suspicions ever since the dance, so just spit it out!"

     I looked down and nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just didn't want you to be hurt."

     Taega stood there looking at me for a moment.

     I met her gaze again. "Look, maybe you don't want to be, but . . . I'd like to try being friends, if that's okay."

     "Oh please," she groaned under her breath as she walked away faster than before, leaving me on the sidewalk.

     Okay. Well, I tried. I couldn't help but think what Bakugo's reaction would be if I told him. When I told him. My imagination created possible scenarios that made me grimace.

     "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Mikura called from behind me.

     I turned and smiled to see Keitaro giving Mikura a piggy-back ride, catching up to me.