Draco, my handsome boy, I must once again remind you that first years are forbidden to have brooms so please stop trying to convince us into buying you a new one, however, on your birthday will be another matter. My boy, please look after your sister and don't let her overwork herself.

Now my dears, I'm expecting you over on Christmas holidays to tell me about your adventures. Remember, keep each other safe.

Love, 

   Mum

Carina put down the letter and fold it into her bag. She turned to talk to her brother when she noticed him bother Longbottom while holding a ball made of glass. "A Remembrall." she realized.

She fought the urge to roll her eyes at Draco's childish behavior, he acted too much like their father expected him which irked Carina very much. She was the one who promised to act accordingly how he wanted them but what he doesn't know won't hurt him or them. Their father will not hear about this. She stood up and made her way towards the Gryffindor table and snatched the Remembrall out of Draco's hand.

"Hey!" Draco turned around to face the culprit when he met his sister cold angry stare "Cara!" he cried surprised.

Carina looked at him with narrowed eyes "Brother, dearest, you shouldn't touch other people' stuff. It's rude." she explained in a soft yet dark voice "Now, apologize." she requested.

Draco sensing his twin's anger turned at Longbottom and mutter unhappily "Sorry." making Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville's jaws dropped down and their eyes widen in astonishment.

Carina gaze at them amused as she returned the ball to Longbottom. Their stares turned at her void of any emotion face while she nodded respectfully at them and took her brother's arm making her way out of the Great Hall into her next class.

"Bloody hell." Ron whispered in amazement.

Harry stared speechless after the blond-white girl and her brother until they disappeared from his sight. Do not fret about his silent stares, they are only temporary and let's not forget it's only the beggining.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days went by and finally it was Monday. Once Lunch was over, the first years Slytherin and Gryffindor hurried down into the grounds of the Quidditch field for their first flying lessons.

The Gryffindors and the Slytherins were divided into groups. As they were waiting their teacher to show up, Carina was explaining Pansy about their Potions' work when Carina commented "You know Pansy, you're pretty good in Charms, excellent dare to say."

Pansy blushed "You think so?" she muttered.

Carina nodded in agreement "If I were you, I would try to expand my knowledge to that certain field." she stopped to study her before saying "A Charm's Professor is not a bad job." making Pansy pause to think for a moment.

The teacher was the last one to arrive. She gestured them to stand by a broomstick. Their teacher, Madam Hooch had short, grey hair and yellow eyes that reminded Carina the ones of a hawk, called out the front "Stick out your right hand over you broom and say, UP!"

Carina's broom immediately jumped to her hand at her first try. She looked at Draco, who stood at her right and had a small smirk of satisfaction, also had in his hand his broom. She felt eyes watching her and stared ahead. There stood the famous Boy-Who-Lived with a broom on his hand.

Carina was not an idiot. She knew that the boy had been trying repeatedly to talk to her. Once, he tried to ask her a question at Potions but Snape stopped him. He had tried to catch her eyes at the Hogwarts halls, however, Draco would sneer at him and a row would begin. Carina was not an idiot, as I mentioned, so she knew that the Potter boy will bring troubles into her life.