“What happened after I called?” 

Nick exhaled, “Well she came in and took the phone from me and then asked if I’d leave so she could go to bed.” 

“Did she say anything else?” 

He shook his head, “She seemed proper angry though, Harry.” 

“I know, I know.” I grumbled as I pulled at my hair. 

“You’re sure this is what you want?” He asked me, deadly serious. 

“What do you mean?” 

“Savannah. You want her, like properly, as a girlfriend? Because you can’t be fucking about with her, mate, it’s not right.” He spoke fiercely and I realized then just how much Nick had grown to care for Savannah as well. 

“I do, Nick. I fucked up, really badly, I know that, but I have to try and fix this because I want it. Her, I want her.” I corrected. I was about ask if he’d be willing to text her for me and ask how she was doing when my phone went off. I looked and saw Savannah had texted me and my stomach flipped at the sight. It was probably an accident, but I was filled with hope. 

I’m vrry mad t yuo and ou berrtre not aswern this but I awnt yuo to nkow in madf 

“She’s fucking drunk.” I growled to Nick. “Drop me off at hers.” 

“Are you sure that’s the best idea, mate?” Nick questioned. 

Savannah, I’m home. Can I come to yours? 

I’ve nto eeven slept 

Since when? Since Nick left?

Neop. 

Btu you cna come 

“She said I can come, see.” I turned the phone to him for proof. 

“Yeah and she can barely fucking type so how good is her judgement right now?” He fought back. 

“It’s not like I’m gonna fucking hurt her, Nick.” 

“You already have, Harry.” He replied sadly. It stung, I had to admit. I paused before responding to him…was I doing more harm than good going over there when she was in this state? I thought about listening to Nick, but I couldn’t wait any longer, I had to see her. 

My heart was racing as we drove to Savannah’s, I wasn’t sure what state I was about to find her in. If she was only drunker, if she finally fell asleep, if she was angry…I really hoped it wasn’t the last one. 

I finally got to Savannah’s flat and my heart rate was only rising. I knocked on the door, but got no response. I pulled my phone out and called her because I didn’t want to risk shouting through the door. It rang and rang, but ended up going to voicemail. I reached forward to rattle the handle while I knocked again and was surprised to find it unlocked. I opened it slowly, not wanting to scare Savannah or Gizmo. I heard a choking sound and pushed through the door right away. 

“Savannah?” I asked worriedly.

I heard Gizmo jump off something and then heard his nails on the floor as he came rushing around the corner. I crouched down to greet him and I looked up to see a frantic Savannah rushing out of her bedroom. 

She was shouting Gizmo’s name and I looked up to see her. She was in an oversized henley that hung to mid-thigh and socks that had to have belonged to one of her brothers, they were bunched around her ankles. Her hair was up in a messy topknot, but what made me shoot up from my position near the ground was the tears running down her face.