I didn’t know what to say for a moment. I hadn’t really thought she’d be so quick to open up and be honest with me like that, not that I was complaining. But at the same time, the voice in the back of my head were starting to whisper at me now. 

“I appreciate that, I do, but I’m really only interested in you.” I replied, figuring I’d go with honest as well. 

“Oh.” I couldn’t tell if that was a good or bad “oh,” it sounded good, but with Savannah it was hard when you couldn’t see her face to read her. 

“Yeah...” 

“Okay well, if anything does happen anyway, it’s alri-”

“It won’t.” I cut her off. 

“People get carried away sometimes Harry...” The voices were getting louder than whispers. 

“I swear I won’t.” I assured her. 

“Alright then.” And this time I thought I could hear the smile in her voice, but that didn’t lessen the voices. 

“So it'll probably just be like a dinner thing and she asked if I wanted to go to some club opening, which I was going to say no to right away, but management thinks it’d be good for me to be seen out.” I explained. 

“Suppose that makes sense.” She spoke quietly and we talked for a bit longer until I could tell she was on the verge of falling asleep. 

“Hey there, don’t fall asleep in the bath.” 

I heard her quiet giggles and it made my heart beat just a little faster. “‘M not, getting out now.”

“Good.” I could hear her getting out of the bath, then heard her footsteps through the quiet flat. 

“‘M just gonna change really quick.” She told me sleepily. If I was a stronger person I’d tell her we could hang up and she could just sleep, but I was selfish and I wanted to stay on with her longer, it kept the voices down. 

I heard the phone be picked back up and then what I assumed was blankets ruffling as she settled into her bed. She let out a dreamy sigh, “Okay, done.” 

We both put on Grey’s Anatomy and then were quiet for the duration of the episode. I only had enough time to fit one episode in. I sat in the backyard of my house and looked around as I listened to her quiet breathing on the other end of the line. I could picture it perfectly, her laying in her bed, already half asleep. 

“I miss you.” I said to her, barely above a whisper. It felt like a secret, we had only been apart for a week and I hadn’t even known her that long, yet I craved her presence deeply. 

She let out a quiet hum, then it was silent and I realized she had already fallen asleep. 

---

Eventually I had to hang up the phone and make my way back to the studio, but I made sure I sent Savannah a text telling her to have a good morning. 

I walked into the room I was using as an office of sorts and was surprised to see Cal sitting inside. 

“Hey mate,” I greeted and he looked up from his phone. 

“I was wondering when you’d be back.” He said as he looked at his watch. 

Cal was a photographer that me and the boys had worked with on countless tours and photo shoots, but we had grown incredibly close over the years. Most of the time when I was in LA I stayed at his house, although that wasn’t necessary this trip since I had bought my own place. But he had come with me when I was looking for a place and always looked out for me.