As I thought about it for a moment I realized he was sort of right. I never thought of the possibility of two elderly people being brother and sister, my mind did tend to go to married. I was just baffled by why it was suddenly plaguing my younger brother’s mind. “I mean, yeah…that’s true. What on earth made you think of that though?”

He shrugged. “Dunno, was just looking at them.”

“You are so weird.”

“‘S what you love best about me though, right?” He grinned widely.

“Sure. Can’t be us though, we’d have Ryan as well.” I countered.

“Not necessarily. I mean, he’s older. Good chance he’d be dead.”

My jaw dropped and burst into laughter. “Connor! That’s awful!” He only shrugged again. “Don’t be mean to your brother when he’s not here to defend himself.”

“Oi, don’t be such a mum.” He teased. Him and Ryan were always on me about that. They’d always say that every now and then I try and act like their mum and not their sister. Like telling them not to tease each other or stopping Connor from pointing, just little things. I didn’t think they really minded though, sometimes boys need a bit of mothering and they never really got it. Especially Connor.

I rolled my eyes in fun. “Want to come to the shelter with me quickly? I’ve got to pick up my check.”

“Sure, yeah.”

“We’ve got some new dogs as well. I’ll take you to them.”

“Wicked.” Connor always loved dogs, just like me, so everyone at the shelter knows him. He’s quite a regular in fact.

Lily was thrilled to see Connor, complaining that he always seemed to stop by when she wasn’t around. He ate up the attention while I went to the back to get my check. When I came back up front I told her I was going to take him to meet our new friends and she waved us right off.

One of the dogs took an immediate liking to Connor and I had to remind him, multiple times, that he lived in a dorm and couldn’t have a dog. The pair of them were quite a sight, I had to admit. Anytime Connor tried to pick up or even pet another dog, she was right at his feet, begging for attention.

He picked her up again and I took my phone out to take pictures of the two of them. He posed adorably with her in one and as I went to take another she turned her face up so that she could lick Connor’s jaw. I cooed at the cuteness for a few minutes before posting the pictures on instagram.

Harry was one of the first to like the picture, which put a small smile on my face.

“Oi, your boyfriend just followed me on instagram.” Connor informed me. I had tagged him in the picture.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I replied immediately.

“How’d you know who I meant then?” He asked with a shit eating grin on his face. I kept my mouth shut and glared at him.

“Did you follow him back?” I asked, curiously.

“Already followed him.”

What? Why?”

“Dunno, really. You guys started hanging out, I thought it was in my rights as a brother. Plus he’s already got like 10 million other followers, didn’t think he’d find it too weird.” I guess it wasn’t all that strange, more surprising. “Looks like he’s doing a bit of stalking.” He smirked.

I leaned over his shoulder to see the notification that a photo was liked fading away. He clicked on it and it took him to his lists of likes. At the top, sure enough, was “harrystyles liked your photo.” I rolled my eyes when I saw the picture.