CHAPTER 36: Serendipity

Magsimula sa umpisa

"....Jeez, I'm here." I announced after I pushed open the door. Naipatong ko na lang ang dalawa kong kamay sa may hita ko habang pinipilit kong huminga ng maayos. Everything went silent when I came and the only sound can be heard is my heavy breathing.

I don't look particularly fine, in fact, I look wasted and ragged from all the running... but I don't mind... because meters away from me, lying on the hospital bed.... is Patrice.

S-She is.... She is alive?

"T-Ty... T-Tyrone? IT'S TYRONE!!" She shouted my name and jumped from the bed. Because of that, her IV fluid was removed from her wrist rather harshly. She's pale and frail, but when she looked at me, she's radiating. She still has her beauty glowing from her.

When she saw me, she immediately ran towards me... but only after few steps, halfway from me, she lost her stand, her feet must have fell weak and her face almost hit the cold, white hospital floor.

"Patrice!" I called as I luckily caught her before she planked. She looked up to me and tears keep flowing from her eyes. I felt relieved as I finally have her in my arms. But.... didn't they say she passed away?

PATRICE'S POV

Thank God. Thank goodness. Tyrone is here. He's here! Can you believe it? And I actually landed on his arms. His arms. How I miss the warmth of his skin, his body. The secure feeling that his lean, manly arms give to me everytime.

I feel weak but my heart is beating strongly. My hand, the one where the IV fluid was detached and is now bleeding, reached for his face. I am touching his face. We are so close together, sitting on the floor. His expression is confused and relieved. I cannot recognize what my expression is-- all I know is that I am so happy that he is here.

"Tyrone...." I am so happy I keep on crying still. "Tyrone, you're here. You're here." I spoke, still touching his face as if I'm trying to prove that he really is here and not an illusion. "Tyrone, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!!" And I hugged him tightly. I threw my arms on his neck and cried on his shoulder. I keep on sobbing, totally forgetting that we were on the floor, my hand is bleeding and we have an audience in the room.

"Patrice..." He said barely audible. I was still clinging to him. I felt his hands on my back. He's also hugging me. He's embracing me, enveloping me in his arms. It makes me cry harder.

"I'm so sorry, Ty. I know I'm an idiot. I didn't think. I hurt you. I said bad things to you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" I was never prepared to face Tyrone again. I don't even know what I'm saying or what I want to say. Everything that is coming out of my mouth are all apologies.

"Patrice, no..." He said shortly but full of  care. I ignored him.