Can I Have This Dance ?

The Greatest Showman | Chapter 8

Chapter Eight~ can I have this dance?

Chapter Eight
~ can I have this dance?

~✧~

~ Adeline P.O.V~

Slowly I clenched my hands on the cold balcony ledge touching the cold hard base against my palms. Settling my arms vertically extending my elbow behind the rail which holds. Hands across one another. Tingles of vibrations from the music could be felt across the floor. All around the surroundings of the ballroom was decorated with delicate with individual white, pink roses & dahlias with hints of colors blooming around and much more beautiful flowers I could identify flower bushes attached to the concrete rails. I absolutely fell in love with the view of the ballroom especially the music down where the collection of orchestras is playing. I was standing in the gleam of light, the center of the spotlight it seemed like the attention was trailing on to me. Every now and then people would give a glance then admire me.

It was an uncomfortable situation but I managed to adapt to the occurrence. Everyone stared, the scenery was part of a storybook. I looked like a princess waiting for her mysterious prince to arrive out of nowhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes trailed out to the ball down below watching young pairs dance across the dance floor gracefully. I love dancing it was a passion of mine I truly enjoy it. But most of the time I prefer to stand alone enjoying other's time in the midst.

Looking around the ball I noticed a young man from the distance staring at me from below his eyes meeting mine.

The sensation was like I was captured in some spell. Our eyes were locked for a while but soon it ended. As I turned away, pulling my hair back to the end of my ear looking down at the cold hard floor.

We had a quick glance before he shyly glances away in another direction.

Distracted by the music and dancing from below, the feeling of enjoyment started to lighten my mood.