Chapter Five

I woke up and saw the angel girl sleeping next to me. I had been thinking it was all a dream, but it actually happened. I, Noelle Deirdre Andrea Casey, kissed Natasha Jennifer Gabrielle Ryan last night. I am definitely in love with her.

She was in a deep sleep and looked beautiful. I picked up my phone to check the time.

10:24

Shit. My sister who was sent away 7 years ago was finally coming home. She had to go to a special school in England because of her dyslexia and the teachers here being clueless when it came to dyslexia. I remember begging to go with her when I was 6 but I couldn't. She must be around 15 or 16 now. She's coming home at 11.

I took my notebook out of my bag and wrote Tasha a note.

Dear Tasha,
                      I'm sorry but I had to go home. My sister is coming home from England today and my parents will be home from the airport with her soon. I'll leave my phone number at the bottom of this note so you can text me later. Wish I could stay here all day with you, I promise I'll invite you over tomorrow, Patrick will be farming. Love you lots.
                         Elle. x

I put the piece of paper in her hands, silently got dressed and folded her pyjamas and left them on the bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead, got my bag and headed out the door.

I broke into a run to get down to my house, it was on the other side of town. I got 2 bottles of BPM on the way up for me and my sister, she's wanted to try it for ages. I also got her a bag of O Donnells, my favourite crisps.

I got to the door and wiped the sweat off of my forehead. I checked my phone for the time.

10:56

They'll be here any minute.

I got the keys out of my bag, unlocked the door and ran upstairs. I went into my room and put the BPM, crisps and card on my sister's bottom bunk that she hadn't slept in since she was 8. I couldn't wait to see her.

A few minutes later, I heard the car driving in. I ran downstairs really quickly and ran to the door.

I ran up to Sam and gave her a hug. "Eyyyyyy, lil sis, you've grown" she said, and I suddenly noticed I was a bit taller than her.

"Eyyyyyy, older sis, you've shrunk"

We both laughed and went inside. We had been talking on Instagram and Snapchat for the past few years and it was great to see her again.

We went up to our room and she jumped for joy. "Yessss, I get to try this famous BPM at last". I laughed. I was always talking about BPM when we were talking, it was my favourite drink.

We opened our drinks and talked.

"So, how was the sleepover at Jens last night, Mam told me you were over there"

"Well, we're kinda dating now"

Sam choked on the BPM and I laughed.

"Oh, Miss Deirdre picking up the ladies on the first sleepover, hmmm, I have my lil sis well trained"

I rolled my eyes. Miss Samantha Casey happened to be a little lesbian, and she's been wanting me to get a nice girlfriend for myself ever since I came out to her last year.

"We built a very emotional and romantic bond in 13 hours, that's how life works." I replied back to her, and she laughed and punched my arm.

"Nerdy sister"

We talked and laughed for a while before I heard my phone buzzing.

Hey, Elle. Tasha here. Just woke up and read your note. Just wanted to text you and say that my brother Aaron is staying at his friends for the week so I have the house to myself. Would you like to come over for a while? You can bring your sister too. Love you. 💕💕

I texted back immediately while Sam was trying to grab my phone to read the text. She wanted to know all about her baby sisters first girlfriend. I managed to get her away and reply to my baby when I promised her 2 more bottles of BPM. She definitely wanted to go over anyway.

Sure, T, we'll be over in around 10 minutes. I'll bring BPM and some Pringles and O Donnell's. See you then. Love you. 💞💞

I saved her as Tash 💛💛 in my phone and I put it in the pocket of my denim shorts and put my converse back on from Sam and mines game of Smelly Foot Catch, one of our childhood favourites. She's going to be 16 this December and she's such a child.

We told our mother that we were going downtown for a while and we'd be back at around 9 or 10. She gave us €25 to get stuff in Spar if we wanted to and we headed out the door.

We stopped in Spar and got 6 bottles of BPM, 3 cans of Pringles and 2 big bags of O Donnell's. We also got a few magnums for ourselves.

The bill totalled to €18.50. We paid and took off to Tasha's house. We spent 10 minutes in there and it took us another 5 to get across town to Tasha's house.

We got to her house and knocked on the door.