"Merlin knows that I wouldn't be here if I didn't." He replied, dropping a hand on the boy's head and uncharacteristically ruffling his hair. "Now, y-"

"Severus?" A voice interrupted. Turning around Severus came face-to-face to the Malfoy's.

"Shite."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecily and Remus froze as they took in the scene; Malfoy's on one side and Severus and Harry on the other, each gaping at the other.

"Shite." Cecily let out. They turned to her as she gently grabbed Harry and moved him behind herself, standing next to Severus with Remus flanking them.

"Mrs. and Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasant surprise. Are you shopping for your son?" Cecily asked, looking at them with faux curiosity.

"Yes, we are, thank you." Narcissa said, before turning to Severus. "Severus, who're your friends, dear?"She continued, looking at Cecily, Remus and the peeking Harry intrigued.

"Cecily Graemark, Master Unspeakable." Cecily answered, grey eyes sparking with something dangerous. She gestured to Remus behind her. "Remus Lupin, Master of Defense and former Omega of the Greyback Pack."

"Oh?" Narcissa asked, mildly surprised as she looked over the man again. "And who is this young one?" She bent down a little to get a better look at the sable haired boy.

"Cecily's son, Hadrian." Severus answered, his answer abrupt. A warning.

"Hi, my name's Draco Malfoy," a young white-blonde haired boy spoke up, coming out from behind his parents to offer his hand to the other boy. "Are you going to Hogwarts?"

"Yes, he is." Cecily answered. Looking between the two boys, she smiled and continued. "Mrs. Malfoy, is you don't mind, why don't we send these two with Madam Malkin to get fitted for robes?"

Narcissa raised a blond brow and nodded. "Acceptable. Madam?" She called, looking at the seamstress, who had been watching the interaction with rapt interest.

She bustled around the counter and smiled cheerfully. "Of course, of course. Come here, little ones, let's get everything settled." She said, ushering the two boys to fitting rooms in the back.

Turning back, Cecily noted that the tension in the room doubled. Lucius was glaring at Remus with something akin to disgust.

"So, how do you know Severus?" Narcissa asked, laying a hand on her glaring husband's arm.

"Old friend from school." Cecily answered, pleasantly. "We were Lily's best friends and from there came to know each other very well." It was a fib, but at least it was a realistic one.

"Really?" Lucius asked in the same drawling tone Severus had whenever he was being a sarcastic git.

Remus chuckled at the two. "Oh, come off it, Malfoy. Ask what you really want to know and stop being such a Slytherin."

Severus cuffed the were' on the back of the head. Raising some privacy wards, he continued. "Subtlety is not a Gryffindor trait, is it? But he is right, Lucius, you might as well ask."

The regal looking man gave them all a hard stare. "What are you doing here with them? Last I checked, you hated Lupin and your connection to Unspeakable Graemark was as acquaintances at best. And that boy? Who is he really? Some of his traits are not found in the Graemark family and unless Potter had a sibling or a cousin..." he trailed off, looking pointedly at his old friend.

Severus let out a long sigh. "I'm one of Hadrian's godparents. Hadrian is Cecily's son, regardless of his features, which we said before. You can check with the Ministry if you don't believe me. Lupin... and I have come to an understanding, after the years I've spent with Cecily and him."