Part 2 | Heart broken

It was the next night, and of corse, Ryder was painting. Until he got a text from Faith, his cousin, asking if he wanted to meet up with her and Jake at a club. Jake was a good friend of faiths, and for a while Ryder has had a little crush on him. He thought it wasn't really what Faith would do with her friends, but he decided to go, and bring Luna with him. He saw Faith and Jake sitting at the bar. "Hey, Faith." He said. "Ryder! There you are!" Faith replied hugging him. "H-hi, Jake."He continued. For some reason he couldn't speak to him properly. Jake was about to speak, when Luna interrupted him. "You look rough, Faith. Have you been getting sleep?" She asked. Faith stared at her angrily. "Uhh.. How about we order some drinks!" Ryder said trying to change the subject. They were all having a good time, when Ryder spotted one of Faiths co-workers. "Kaden, right?" He asked. "that's me." Kaden replied. "hey, it would mean a lot to me if you spoke to my cousin faith. The one with the red hair." Ryder said. "She's your co-worker." Ryder continued. "Sure, she seems nice." Kaden said. Kaden went to talk talk to Faith, when Luna started arguing with another alien. Ryder thought it was sort of weird, so he went to talk to her. When he got there they were acting really flirty. He got suspicious. He turned away for a minute, but when he looked at them, they were in the closet, making out. Ryder couldn't believe his eyes. He loved Luna. He was heartbroken. every one was staring at them. Faith came over to him to see if he was alright. "Ryder, are you ok?" She asked. They came out of the closet and Luna completely ignored Ryder. Ryder rushed out. "Ryder!" Faith yelled, but he was already gone.

Ryder was sitting staring into the fire on the little island that all the teens go to for party's. He had tears in his eyes. Suddenly someone came from behind him. It was Jake. "Hey, are you alright after what happened at the bar..??" Jake asked sitting down next to him. "does it look like I'm alright..?" Ryder said sarcastically. "That was a stupid question." Jake said. For a moment there was silence. "I just want to know if you're ok." Jake continued. "why? Why do you want to know that? All the times I've told you I like you, you ignore me like it's no big deal!" Ryder said looking Jake in the eyes. Suddenly Ryder burnt his arm from the fire. Jake immediately checked it, since he's a doctor too. "it should be fine." He said. He held Ryder's hands. Jake sighed. "I had a hard time realising you really did like me. I was bouncing between my feelings, and having a family of my own. But I do like you, Ryder. I've realised that now. Ryder blushed. He kissed Jake. But quickly pulled away. "I'm sorry!" He said standing up. "I need to leave!" Jake stood up and grabbed Ryder's arm. "Why are you sorry?" Jake asked. "These past couple of days have been so confusing!" He answered. Ryder left. "Wait!" Jake shouted. Ryder went home and was up all night thinking about what he should do.