chapter two

As usal the train was full of nervous frist years trying to make new freinds and find a place to sit. I had to duck and dive to avoid them. Although many of the frist years were taller than I was. Although I was small, I wasn't skinny. I wasn't fat either. My Grandmother had always told me that I'd inherited her hourglass figure and brown hair, my sapphire blue eyes and the blonde streaks in my hair were my fathers doing, so she presumed anyway. I finally reached a carriage in which my friends waited. Fred and George Weasley, two of my closest friends, were identical twins, both had flaming red hair, and both had an eye for mischief.... 

"What's up Ella"  Ella being the nickname Fred had for me.

"The sky darling" I cooed back at him,adding a cheeky wink. 

Fred rolled his eyes and made room for me. Also in the carriage were my best  friends Florence and Lucie.Florence was tiny, smaller than me, with light brown hair and blue eyes. Lucie on the other hand was tall with hair that changed as fast as the weather and big, brown eyes. Both Florence and Lucie were insane, and always obsessed over bands the rest of us had never heard of. I was happy to see them. After about two hours of catch up about what each of us had been up to for the Summer, I left to find Harry. Harry Potter was a famous wizard who defeated Voldemort when he was just one year old. He is the only person known to have survived the killing curse. He was a third year. Like me he was an orphan, but he had no grandparents. He just lived with his cruel aunt, uncle and cousin. I knew every Summer for him was a nightmare. According to my grandmother, his mother, Lilly Potter, was best friends with my mother, Lilly had been my Godmother. So naturally I felt like Harry and I were related. 

I suddenly , the lights went out, and I felt cold. Beyond cold. I was freezing, All the happiness had drained from me. What was going on? Then I saw it. It's hooded figure bearly visable in the darkness, but I knew what it was, We had learned about them in Defence against the dark arts last year. One of the most foul, detested creatures on earth. A Dementor.