Akala

This is not a love story.

*Thomas Torres' POV*

Well wala lang naman tong araw na to.

Maybe for the Teng-Reyes' meron for it's their wedding day.. But for me?

Hindi ko na ata mam-meet yung akin.

And I won't let that happen again.

Why?

Maybe because I'm just that tired. And second reason is what all people really know is... I can't move on.

Sorry hindi ako si Teng na may Reyes.

—-

Thomas Torres already arrived at Pinaglabanan Church and now talking to his bestfriend.

"Broooo Torreees!!"

"Pormal mo!" And by that... Teng was given a batok from Torres

"Aray ko! Ano, bagay ba?" And Teng poses.

"Saya mo today, iba ka"

"Of course! Why would I not be happy, I've been waiting for this moment, Thom!"

"And you've been wanting this moment" Thomas smiles.

"Yeah right Thom."

—-

After two hours, Mika Reyes is now Mika Teng. They already exchanged vows. Jeron Teng already gave her wife a sweet kiss. And now they're on the reception.

*Thomas' Short POV*

I thought hindi ko kailangan pero baka kailangan ko na.

I need a change of heart.

"Psst! Thomas?" Thomas roamed his eyes as he already saw who called him.

Pero... Di niya kilala to?

"Uhm excuse me? Do I know you?" He asked, still shocked.

"Grabe naman sa informality to.. Pwede namang who are you? I'm Ara." She lends her hand and they shook hands.

"Hi Ara." Thomas smiled.

"Alone?"

"Yes."

"Seryoso? You don't even have any friends invited?" Tanong nito sa kaniya

"Uhm yeah actually meron." Thomas answered.

"O? Why not be with them? It's more better than being alone diba?"

"Uhm, 7th wheel" Thomas shyly answered.

"Wushuuu! Ikaw? Sa kinagwapo mong yan, wala kang girlfriend?" And by that statement, napangiti naman si Thomas

"Yeah wala nga."

"Tara pasok na tayo sa loob? The program might be starting" Ara lended her hand to invite Thomas go in the reception hall.

The program already started. Madaming tao ang nasa likod.. Di alam kung ano ang dahilan pero Thomas and Ara stayed there for long.

Pano nasagot lahat ng bakit?
Di makapaniwala sa nangyari
Pano mo naitama ang tadhana?

"Tara Thomas?"

"Tara tara.." Thomas smiled

Ara went to their table and let Thomas know their names

"This is Carol. The kambal, Cienne and Camille. Aby Marano. Then of course, their guys." They said their hellos and Thomas waved at them.

"And here, Brent Paraiso, my fiancée" Ara smiled and the guy lend his hand for a hand

Thomas accepted the hand.

"Hello, Thomas" Thomas smiled.

Smiles and silence lasted for 5 seconds.

"Uhm, Ara, I need to go."

Ara wanted to ask why but she just smiled at Thomas and let him go. 

Thomas didn't finish the program.

Tagu-taguan, maliwanag ang buwan

Masarap magmahal pag hindi iniwan

Pagbilang mong tatlo

Nakatago na ako

Ibalik ako sa nakaraan

*Ara's POV*

Thomas; he's been my idol since the very start of his UAAP career. Kaya all of my friends know him, even Brent. He's still my idol actually but Brent changed my perspective.

Brent; my bestfriend, my companion and my future husband. He's been there while I'm watching games. He's been supportive sa akin, especially with my career and my family. He showed me how to show real love. Ewan ko pero napaka weird but I'm proud to say that God gave me him. We made it all against odds.

*Thomas' POV*

Ara; she's been someone na akala ko will be the right one for me. I thought she'll be the person who came down from heaven to save my lonely heart. Pero love is patient nga pala. So she's been another lesson for me.

Bea; my ex that I still love. She gave me great love experience that I might never forget. We're in great terms yet my family doesn't welcome her to the house. Kaya after knowing that, she left me too. What else can I do? I love my family.

***

Love your family first.