Chapter Three

A/N: This is a crossover of Doctor Who and Pirates of the Caribbean. My idea was to have the Eleventh Doctor, Amy, and Rory go along on one of Captain Jack Sparrow's crazy adventures. The group would encounter these mysterious blue men seen around Scotland. They look much like mermen. The heroes would all be trapped by the Blue Men at some point, and the Doctor would solve the Blue Men's riddle and save the day. The Blue Men are based off of real Scottish myths. In my story, the Blue Men migrated from their dying planet to Earth. This takes place years before Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Prologue

The underwater city was beautiful. It covered the entire blue, water-covered planet completely. Large palaces, fine homes, and humble cottages crisscrossed the sea of the planet in a spectacular show of architecture. The buildings were obviously built with much care and devotion because every building was intricately detailed with its own special flair. Some buildings had arching doorways, others had tall domes and spires that touched the top of the ocean, but none of the buildings were as spellbinding as the castle that stood bombastically on the north pole of the planet. It was absolutely astounding with sturdy rooks, tall towers, and majestic hallways; however, all was not well on this aqueous planet.

The planet was being torn apart by the war waging in the galaxy around it. The inhabitants of this planet were preparing to leave. The mighty king of this planet sat nervously on his throne. He had bluish gray skin and long white hair and a beard, but instead of legs, he had a tail. His tail was made of shiny bluish gray scales that shimmered in the light. The king gripped his silver trident tightly, awaiting the news of his most faithful servant, Kimuck. The entire castle suddenly shook tremendously. The war outside was making its way to the planet. The king adjusted his crown made of the most florescent pink coral found on the planet and looked outside to see his kingdom crumbling. The planet would not last much longer.

Kimuck suddenly burst through the doors to the king's throne room and quickly swam up to the king. Kimuck bore a striking resemblance to the king.

"Your majesty," Kimuck said, saluting the king. He was clearly flustered.

"What is the news on our ships? How many can fly?"

Kimuck looked down. "Only four, Sire," he said ashamedly.

The king sighed, "Put the prioritized passengers on first, then the rest."

Kimuck nodded and headed towards the doors that led out of the throne room. He stopped when he realized the king was not following him.

"Your majesty," he said, clearly confused. "Aren't you coming?"

"No," the king said. "These are my people. I will stay with them."

"But we need you to come with us!"

The king shook his head sadly, "No. I have failed everyone who cannot make it onto a ship. I need to stay with them and lead them to the very end. I owe them at least that."

Kimuck looked sadly at the king, "I can see that arguing with you is pointless."

The palace shook again and a great cracking sound followed. The king and Kimuck looked warily up at the palace's ceiling. It held.

Kimuck started to leave.

"Kimuck," the king called. Kimuck approached the king.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"I am putting you in charge of the people leaving on the ships. I am trusting you to lead them on this new journey."

Kimuck was clearly surprised, "Your majesty....I-I'm not fit to do this."