"Jack are you okay buddy?" I heard Daniel's voice through the door.

"Please leave me alone." I sighed.

The door handle shook a lil.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry, I wish our concert was on a different night." He said through the door.

Me too.

"It's whatever."

"Well. Let me know when you unlock your door, so we can talk. See you later buddy." Daniel said and I heard him walk away.

Maybe this is fate. Maybe this is what is suppose to happen. Maybe this is a sign that her and I will never work out. Maybe I should just give up.

No. Stop overreacting. God, I'm such a drama queen.

Skylar

Everyone cheered around us.

Brandon threw his arm around me.

God, this is so awkward.

"I can't wait." He whispered into my ear.

I just nodded.

Everyone then dispersed after a few minutes after taking pictures and all that fun stuff.

I can't believe this.

Why didn't Jack ask me?

"Ohmygod!!" Ashley and Hailey both ran up to me hugging me hardly.

I fake smiled and pretended to be cheerful.

"We're gonna be in the same group! How great is that?!" Ashely shrieked.

"So great." I replied trying to smile.

•●•●•

"How was school sweetheart?" Mom asked right as I got home.

She never asks me this while standing by the front door waiting for me.

I sighed.

"So you've heard?" I asked sighing.

"Well yeah!.... why do you seem so upset hun?" She asked concerned.

"I... never mind, you wouldn't understand. It's okay."

"No tell me."

"It's... it's just that I really wanted Jack to ask me, but he didn't. I even purposely ran into him like 4 times today. It... it just sucks." I sighed even longer.

"Hun, it's okay. This may be for the best. I just don't get why you don't like Brandon, he's a nice, handsome, popular kid!"

You've got to be kidding me.

"Yeah. Well I need to go do homework, I'll talk to you later." I said and walked to my bedroom.

"Okay!! You're gonna have to figure out your own dinner for tonight tho cuz I have to go back to the hospital in an hour!"

Brandon

"Oh my God Wesley! Stop bringing that up!" I shouted at him pissed.

"We never made rules to 'break off a bet'" Wesley stated.

Shit.

"I mean.... that's true..." Ryan added in.

I glared at him.

"What I'm just saying." Ryan said then looked away.

"What do I need to do then, to break off the bet?" I asked.

"You can't do anything." Wesley laughed.

"That's not fair!" I shouted.

"Wes, let's just talk about it. You, me, and Ryan." Ashton butted in while on his phone.

"Fine." Wesley replied rolling his eyes.

The three then huddled on the other side of the room, talking over each other and fighting.

"... how about homework for the rest of the school year?" I overheard Ashton suggesting.

Oh hell no.

I couldn't really make out what Wesley said at the beginning but I did hear the end of it.

"... and then goes stag." Wes then said.

"That's harsh tho..." Ryan began.

"No, it's perfect. If he's not gonna go with the bet, then he's going to have to do that." Wes then looked over at me, clown smiling.

"Wes come on." Ashton then said.

"No. I get to be the one who gets to pick the punishment since the bet was my idea." Wes stated.

The boys all walked over. Ryan and Ashton slouching and looking like they felt bad.

"What is it?" I asked calmly and stern.

"You are going to tell Skylar that you can't go to the dance with her and then go stag to the dance." Wes smiled crossing his arms across his chest.

Shit.

This will be for the best.... for Skylar at least.

"Alright." I replied, standing up, ready to shake hands.

"And." Wes smirked like a clown ready to terrorize kids at a haunted house. "You have to tell her the day of the dance. A last minute rejection." He then said making a pouty face.

"Oh come on Wes." I said pissed.

"Well you're the one who wants to back out on it." Wes said tilting his head a little.

"No. I'm not doing that. That's a complete douche move." I said getting ready to leave.

I can't be in the same room as him anymore, this is absolute crap.

"Then stay with the bet."

I thought about it a little more, thinking of which one wouldn't be as shitty as the other.

"Fine. I'll stick with the bet." I finally said.

NOTE

yeah it's been A LONG time and I am so so so sorry about that guys!! I'm trying to get my life together rn so it's been hard to update these past few months, so this is a short chap but I wanted to at least upload something for you guys. I hope you all had a great new year and Christmas!!

1.2.19