8. Weight of Living

My body is growing stronger. Which is good because, then I won't ever have to be weak again.
Kirishima was so happy to see me back home. He cried, and that hurt my heart. I never want to see him hurting like that way again.
We finally get to go back to school again. I missed the familiar energy of the classroom.. Kirishima and I walk down the street and once we make it to the train, people begin to recognize us.
"Hey! You guys fought the villains!"
I turn and look at him, "you must be mistaking us for someone else."
"No! You guys are definitely the people we're talking about!"
Kirishima grabs my hand and pulls me through the train and outside. "Hurry up (y/n)!"
"Cheetah." I grip his hand tighter, "hold on tight!" I run down the street, dragging Kiri behind me. We make into the school gates in under a minute.
"Um, (y/n)?" His face is red. "You can let go of my hand now.."
"Oh, sorry.." I let go, and we walk into the classroom.
Of course Iida is there, making sure that everything is in order. "Oh, Yamada, Kirishima! It's good to see that you are both doing well. Now go take your seats!"
He is the class president, so we kinda have to listen to him. As I walk to my seat, Hagakure stops me. "Hey, im so glad that you're okay, Yamada! We were all so worried about you."
I rub the back of my neck, "I'm glad you managed to get out alright as well."
I take my seat, and breathe in deeply. It's great to be back here in one piece. Within the next 15 minutes, everyone makes their way into the classroom.
Suprisingly, Tokoyami shakes my hand. "Welcome back, Yamada. When we faced the dark, you were a flashlight to guide us to victory."
I smile at him, "Well, there can be no light without darkness."
His face lights up and his red eyes sparkle, "I regret not speaking to you sooner! Please consider being my friend."
I rest a hand on the teen's shoulder, "I thought we were already friends though, Tokoyami.."
"Alright! Settle down!" Aizawa strolls in, and he is wrapped I head to toe in white bandages. He ignores our comments, questions and concerns, and he begins to talk about a sports festival that will be coming up soon.
We continue our classes until lunch time finally arrives.
I've been really hungry all day, which is strange since I'm usually don't have any appetite whatsoever. "Hikari, what do you think about the sports festival?" Kirishima speaks with a mouth full of fried rice.
"Don't speak with your mouth full." I scold him like he's a child. "And how did you manage to get rice on your cheek?" I sigh and use my napkin to get the rice off his face.
Kirishima laughs, "Haha, I actually have no idea!"
Rolling my eyes I take a sip of my ice water, "As for your first question- I don't know if it's really a good idea to have such a major event so soon after being attacked."
Sero shakes his head, "But there will be security to prevent any kind of danger."
"You make a good point, but Yamada is right. At this point we're just begging to be attacked!" Kaminari chuckles.
I grab my plate of food, and Koda looks at me with a meaningful look. "Koda, do you want to help me with this?"
He nods and takes one of the plates out of my hand. Koda looks around before pulling me behind a wall.
"Is everything okay? You seem like you have something on your mind." I raise an eyebrow.
The silent boy puffs out his cheeks in annoyance. "... you really don't see it, do you?"
"So you can speak! Well it's nice to hear that you can speak. Care to elaborate on your question?" I smile at him.
".. Kirishima has a crush on you.."
I tilt my head to the side in confusion, "What's a crush?"
His eyes widen, "...are you serious right now?" He walks away from me.
"Yes..?" I call after him.
Koda ignores me completely. Sighing in defeat, I walk over to where Iida, Uraraka, and Midoriya are walking.
"Oh! Hi Yamada, what's up?" The green haired boy smiles and waves at me.
Uraraka slows her pace, "Whoa.. are you feeling okay? You look distressed.."
Iida nods his head in agreement, "What happened?"
My shoulders slump, "Koda wouldn't tell me.."
"Koda can talk?" Uraraka and Iida glance at eachother and then back to me.
Midoriya rests a hand on my shoulder, "What didn't he tell you?"
"What's a crush..?!" I shout.
The three of then sweat drop. Uraraka grabs my hand lightly and leads me over to where the rest of the girls are. "Hey."
Momo looks over at us and smiles, "Hi ladies. What's up?"
The girls all look expectantly at us. Luckily for me, Uraraka spoke up. "Our dear (y/n) doesn't know what a crush is.."
Hagakure seems to be excited, "Well.. when you see a certain someone, your heart begins to race, and you get butterflies in your stomach."
"...that sounds more like a heart attack to me.." I say with a straight face.
Ashido chuckles, "It's like.. when you look at someone who you like more than a friend, and it seems like the two of you are the only people in the world."
Tsu pokes at the pink girl, "That was deep, ribbit. You've been spending too much time with Tokoyami."
"There's nothing wrong with Tokoyami, he's a friend." I defend the boy, and cross my arms across my chest.
Before anyone can respond, the bell rings and we make our way back to the classroom. As we round the corner, a large group of people have surrounded the door. We try to push ourselves into the classroom, but to no avail. Suddenly I get an idea. "Morph." I turn into an exact copy of Aizawa. "Move it! I need to get inside. Get to your classes or I'll have you all expelled!" I copy his voice perfectly.
Everyone scrambles, and I turn back into myself. Jiro gives me a fist bump and she laughs, "that was beautiful."
I thank her and we all enter the classroom.
Within 5 minutes, all our other classmates arrive and they all seem as confused as I am. Especially Midoriya.
Suddenly the crowd returns and some tall boy from general studies wages a war with our entire class.
This is going to be a bumpy ride...