Chapter Seven

Chapter 7 💚Snow💙

I took my seat next to Asher again and as I accidentally brushed his hand with my bare arm I felt the sparks again.

I watched proudly as my pack melded with Asher's and they joined me where I sat. The only worrying thing was that I could almost feel the tension between Asher on one side of me and Alex on the other. I really needed to talk to Asher about the weird things that happened around him.

When the ceremony was finished the pack stuck around to talk amongst themselves. I wandered into the back garden, not enjoying all the people. Call me antisocial but I hate huge groups of people, I like to be able to hear myself think.

It was peaceful and beautiful in the garden. I sat on a bench, lost in my thoughts, until I heard approaching footsteps. I watched in the direction they were coming from until a girl came into view. She had glossy blonde hair that was brushing her back as she walked, her dress was the same shade of red as my hair but the neckline plunged to her navel, a gold chain in between her breasts seemed to be the only thing stopping the dress from falling off her shoulders. Her blue eyes were icy as she glared at me.

"Stay away from him," she hissed her pretty face contorted into a scowl.

"What? Who?" I replied, confused.

"Asher, I saw you getting all cozy with him."

"He was my escort, that's all."

"He is mine, so back off," she sneered.

I hate people like her, they think they own the world. I also can't stand being ordered around, which could be why I said what I did, "I will do whatever the hell I want, you have no right to tell me who I can or can't be around. Besides Asher is the one who asked me if he could be my escort, not the other way around. If he was really yours why didn't he ask you?" I spat my temper rising.

She suddenly threw a punch that hit me square in the jaw, knocking me down. She kicked my already broken ribs and my instincts from years of fighting took over. She was bigger than I was, but I was faster and stronger. I rolled away from her and pulled out the knife I had slipped into the inside of my dress, pulling it open. She still came after me kicking and punching, so with my knife in my right hand I punched her with my left to get her off of me.

I heard more footsteps approaching but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. If it weren't for my already broken ribs I would have easily been able to fend her off without my knife. I didn't want to use it but I would if I had to. She came flying back at me after getting up and had her hand around my neck, squeezing down, cutting off my air flow. I brought my knife up and lightly nicked her arm, just enough to make her release me. I heard the foot steps just around the corner and a group of men saw us. The Alpha was one of them.

"She- she attacked me!" The blonde cried feigning innocence and showing the shallow cut on her arm that was already healing.

I didn't take my eyes off of her, she was like a rabid animal and you never turn your back on a rabid creature. I watched her closely as the Alpha spoke to me, "Snow is this true? Snow? Look at me and tell me the truth. Snow!" He was becoming agitated because I wasn't looking at him. I shook my head to signal no it was definitely not true.

I could feel the disbelief flooding off of him, it must have looked bad, she was bleeding and I was holding a knife in my hand. His tone changed suddenly as he got more frustrated when I did not look at him, "Look at me!" This time I had no choice but to take my eyes off of her. The men were all watching me and paying no attention to blondie. "Drop the knife," he ordered with the same tone. I had no choice but I knew that she would try to make her move now that I was unarmed.

I was right was all I could think as I felt the force of another body colliding with mine, the last thing I heard before the world went black was the crack of my skull against the bench I had sat on earlier.

{#}%{#}%{#}%{#}%{#}%{#}%{#}%

AN

Soo... it's been a while. I had almost given up on the story because I couldn't think of where to take it, but I figured, hey why not give it another shot this summer. I'm sorry for the wait but I hope you like this chapter. I make no solid promises to finish the story but I will try to work on it.

Xoxo Poppy