Prom Night

It had been Jeremy's idea to go to prom.

Michael wanted to spend the night getting high and playing video games, but Jeremy had complained that they could do that whenever they wanted and they only had one chance to go to prom. He wanted the picking out a tux and the dancing to cheesy love songs and the gross prom food and the announcement of the king and queen. So Michael had reluctantly agreed with Jeremy's promise that they could go home and get high afterwards.

Fortunately for Jeremy, Michael had something a little different planned for after prom.

Michael picked Jeremy up in his PT Cruiser and fuck his boyfriend looked beautiful. He had gone all out, with a sleek grey tux and a white undershirt, along with a matching pale pink vest and tie. Michael had gone for something much simpler, a classic black suit and a bow tie. "You excited?" Michael asked on the way there.

"Yeah, I just hope you can dance because I know I can't."

"Nope, I can't dance either."

Jeremy sighed next to him, laughing softly to himself. "God, we're going to look like fucking idiots."

And they did look like fucking idiots. When the slow songs came on, they tried to dance in unison, but they always ended up tripping over each other's feet. Their laughter could be heard clearly over the soft music and a few of the couples glared at them for ruining the moment, but they didn't notice.

During the upbeat dance songs, Michael noticed other pairs of people grinding on each other, and decided to try his best to look hot for Jeremy. He bit his lip and grabbed him by the waist, pulling him close. Then he swung his arms up over Jeremy's shoulders and moved his hips against his boyfriend's crotch. He thought for sure he looked pretty good doing it, but it didn't take long for Jeremy to lean close and whisper in his ear. "You should know that you look ridiculous,"
he said, and Michael pulled back with a heavy blush coloring his cheeks.

At least he got to make Jeremy laugh.

Jeremy agreed to go home after prom king and queen were announced because Michael was complaining about how his size-too-small shoes were hurting his feet and his stupid second-hand tux was scratching him. Everyone gathered around the stage, looking up at the prom court. Jeremy and Michael had made a bet beforehand — Michael bet that Chloe and Jake would win, and Jeremy bet that Brooke and Rich would win. They both held their breath as the speaker stepped up to the microphone.

"Your prom queen of 2018 is....Chloe Valentine!"

The crowd cheered, and Michael nudged Jeremy. "Looks like I won so far," he teased, and Jeremy shook his head.

There seemed to be a minor miscommunication on stage. The speaker was given a slip of paper for the king, but he called back over the assistant and stepped away to question him about it. "Sorry for the interruption," he apologized when he returned, rereading the slip of paper once again. "But it seems that you don't have a prom king this year." The crowd gasped, murmurs filling the air. "You have another queen. Miss Brooke Lohst, please step forward."

A mixed reaction followed. Some people were cheering, while others seemed too dumbfounded or couldn't quite process what was happening. The two girls were crowned, looking like true royalty with their dresses, and they shared a kiss. "We were both half right," Jeremy said to Michael with a shrug. "You think that's the first time that happened at this school?"

"Probably," Michael said.

"Well aren't you glad you came? You got to witness history being made."

Jeremy was right, Michael was glad he came. And maybe he would have stayed a little longer if he wasn't so eager to show Jeremy his surprise. He had been planning it ever since Jeremy had brought up prom, saving his money and trying to pick out the perfect place. He was positive Jeremy would love it and he couldn't wait any longer to see his reaction.