Chapter 1 The Unvanquished Mystery

Every town has its own mystery. Well of course my mystery is in the most mysterious town ever, Sweetvill. Even tho our town is called Sweetvill nothing is sweet there. There has been a lot of murders in this town, the streets are dirt, the houses and shops are about to fall apart, and we cant even drink the water here because its so dirty and no one bothers to clean it. I know my town isn't the best but I live there and I like it. I'm 17 and that makes me ur typical teen. I do my homework on time, I don't get to school late, oh and i almost forgot, i'm friends with the most popular girl in school and her name is Lili. Oh and that reminds me I havent told u my name yet. My name is Olivia but people call me Viah or also known as Shadow V. So do u want to know how i got to where I am now. Well, here is the story.

It was the first day of school. I was 16 then. I was sitting in my room staring at my room walls that are painted pink. I was just thinking about how sorry i am that Lili's brother was murdered and no one knows who the killer is. 1 hour later i was still on my bed. I got a call from a unknown person and i answered because i just figured it was Lili pranking me like she does every week. But no, it was worse. I picked up the phone and said "Lili stop pranking me, u do this every week!" I laughed. Then the person answered "Want to become a hero?"

I responded back confused "A what?" the person responded back "Do u want to become a hero or not" I didnt respond. "Fine if u dont then on the deck in front of ur house door is a box. Open it soon." Then the call ended.

I went to go pick up the box and i put it on the table. "What is in that box?" I stared at it. "I'm scared to open it. Like what if its deadly". You already know I come from a not so nice town. No one in this town knows superheroes exist and they never even heard about them. All we heard about in this town is villains. So instead of little kids dreams of becoming a superhero they dream of becoming villains. We never even read any comics, they didn't even exist in our town. Like i said, im a 16 year old girl at this time. I have black hair, blue eyes, and my color of my skin is white. I'm a cheerleader and Lili is the caption.

So remember when i said we didn't know supers exist, well on the first day back to school that all changed when the new boy walked through the door.