We kissed three or four times before our mouths parted, our faces still close. I had nothing to say anymore. Even if I did, I couldn't bring myself to talk. I only stayed close to him, my fingers still brushing through the ends of his silky hair.

     "No matter where you're from, or what you've done," he said quietly, "you ravished my heart and I've loved you ever since. I'm sorry I wasn't good at showing it. Actually, I'm sorry for a lot of things . . . forgive me?"

     "No," I whispered back, "you don't have to apologize for anything." My voice was still quivering a little from crying so much. Even as I said it, more tears fell, though slower now. I couldn't describe the happiness I felt when I heard him say those words. I've been waiting so long for this, but I thought it would never happen . . .

      "Then, can I tell you something?"

     I nodded.

     "Even if the stars burn out and our world is falling around us, this is me promising I'll never leave you. (Y/N), let me be your hero."

     His words struck me so hard, I didn't know what to say at first. "I considered you my hero since the first day, I don't ever want you to stop."

     "I'm gonna get you out of this mess you're in. I just need you to trust me, okay?"

     I again nodded.

     He loosened his hold on me. "Wanna get back to the dance? Bakugo's probably going crazy."

     I let my hands slip away from him. "What about you?"

    ". . ."

     "Look, I already danced with Bakugo, and I'll get back to him soon," I said. "But right now . . . I wanna dance with you. Out here, just you and me."

     "Okay." He stepped away from me, then formally offered his hand. "Will you dance with me, Miss (Y/N)?"

     I smiled. "It would be my honor, Mister Todoroki."

    We got into the dance position and slowly began to move about the garden path. 

    I was so happy in that moment, so happy that I thought I was dreaming. But this isn't a dream, I thought. It's way better than anything I could think of in my sleep.

    The moon rose higher and it's light shined down on us. The crickets continued to sing and not too far off, the fountain continued to steadily bubble. The night air occasionally blew around us as we danced, to nothing but the beating of our hearts.

----------

About fifteen minutes later, (Y/N)'s POV

     Eventually, Shoto and I returned to the party. 

     We found Bakugo, Kirishima, Taega, Midoriya, Uraraka, Iida, Mikura, and Keitaro all in the same corner I'd left most of them in. All of them had their eyes on us the moment we walked in. On the opposite side of the room, Nachika and Riku were also looking at us.

     "Is something wrong?" I asked once we joined the group in the corner. 

     "You disappeared for almost an hour and we had no idea where you went!" Uraraka exclaimed. "We went to look for you, but Deku said to just wait."

     I glanced at Midoriya, who was smirking at Shoto. 

     Does he know something? I wondered.

     Bakugo pushed his way through the group until he stood before me. "Hey, thanks for ditching me. You just left without telling me. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO THINK?!?!"

     "I'm so sorry Kacchan! I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

     "Yeah, well you better. HEY, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING TODOROKI'S JACKET?!?!?!"

     That's right, I'm still wearing it. I quickly took it off and handed it to Shoto. "It was actually pretty cold outside."

     Unconvinced, he glanced at me, then to Shoto. "What are you guys-"

     Just then, a new song began playing and couples that had been sitting out were now entering the dance floor. It reminded me that the evening was far from over.

     "Will you dance with me?" I asked Bakugo, slowly taking his hand.

     Reluctantly, he nodded. "Sure."

     He grasped my hand back, and together we walked to join the others.

     As we danced, a different, disheartening thought crossed my mind. I really don't want to hurt Kacchan, but what will I tell him? Hopefully he'll be over me soon and I won't have to say anything . . .

     But I doubted it. 

----------

The OTP is officially cannon. In other words, this ship has finally sailed!

I know it took a heck of a number of chapters to build up to this one, so I tried to do it the best I could. I hope you all liked it, and of course let me know what you thought in the comments♥

The end of this story is in sight, not too soon, but it will get there eventually. I've been thinking of starting another fanfiction for a different character, so feel free to give me some suggestions on that.

Thank you all!