I wonder who much of them she has.

The seat next to me was pulled away from the table, a figure took place in it catching my attention.

"She's a real beauty isn't she?" Santiago said, a smile in the corner of his lips as he watched my little Fire dance away.

"That she is." I found myself saying back.

I lifted the glass I had to my lips taking a sip.

"You love her, don't you? I can see it in your eyes." I almost spat my drink in his face.

"Excuse me?" I chocked out.

"You don't have to say it. It's written all over your face." I think my eyes popped out of their sockets.

"Don't worry. I won't say a word." He had an amused smile on his face. I was caught like a deer in headlights, not being able to utter a word.

Did I love her?

No, I can't love her, there is no way.

"I hope you tell her. She has not been loved a lot in her life. She get's attached too easily and always ends up broken-hearted. Take care of her, cherish her, listen to her and be there for her. She will open up and when she does hold her, dry her tears and tell her you will never leave."

With that, he stood up patting my shoulder before joining his wife on the dance floor.

His words played in my mind like a broken record.

We had arrived back at the apartment, I had finished my glass of water when my Little Fire came into the small kitchen. She came behind me, wrapping her arms around my torso, laying her head on my back.

"Cuddly are we?" I teased but all I got was silence, no witty comeback.

She shook her head in her back and the thing I least expected happened, she started crying. I could feel her body shake as sobs racked her body. I spun around and embraced her in my arms.

"Fire, what's the matter?" She didn't answer and just continued crying.

I picked her up, hoisting her legs around my waist making her nuzzle her head in my neck. I brought her to the sofa, she was still wrapped around me, her legs were on show since she had changed into a pair of shorts with one of my hoodies. I leaned to the side to grab a blanket and put it over us.

We sat there, holding her in my arms until she calmed down a little. I didn't speak a word, Santiago's words coming back to mind.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked once her cries became silent.

She sniffed, lifting her head. Her red puffy eyes met mine, the sat up a little wiping her tears.

"I'm sorry." Her voice was so quiet.

"Why are you sorry? You don't need to be." I rubbed her arm up and down.

"It's just so many memories rushing back to me and I missed them so much. You don't realise you miss someone until you no longer are with them ya know?" She sniffed away.

"On top of that when we got back I got my period so I'm hypersensitive right now." With that, she started crying again.

"TMI Fire." I joked.

"Oh grow up Ollie, you should be glad that it means that I'm not pregnant because placing a baby in this mess will just make matters worse."

She had a point. Having a baby now, especially an unplanned one is near good news. I never understood why my parents had so many kids knowing that we were all surprises, none of us were planned babies.