His small golden Casio watch caught the corner of my eye as he walked in, it took every force of me not to whip my head around and gawp at his presence. Strange enough he hardly came into the canteen at this time, by the time he would have arrived me and Asia would be heading out.

 “Babeeees!”

It all made sense now, I rolled my eyes at the sound of Yvonne’s voice, she was in the second year and was also Calvin’s girlfriend, it didn’t even make sense to me how someone as loud and annoying as her would even talk to someone like Calvin – Calvin wasn’t completely mute as it appeared in class, in fact out of class he could hold conversations with almost everyone and anyone, unfortunately for me he just had that likeable charm to him. Besides Calvin was Marlon – the ‘social king’ of first and second year. I understood what all the drama was about, you would have to be blind to deny that he was clearly buff, he was about 5’11, brown eyes, well structured face with a cute button nose, he had the ‘regular’ clean cut shape-up with a curly high-top fade and he was well built – not too muscular but not too skimpy, his muscles bulged out of his tight fitted white tees and he always carried a small LV holdall (even though last time I checked sixth form wasn’t that deep, but if it worked for him then it worked for the rest of us) his eyelashes were incredibly curly for a boy’s and he had a smile that could wet the little fray knickers of the first years, all of that topped on the most nicest complexion of mocha skin, it was like he was picked out his appearance himself, he was in the second year but had an impeccable bond with Calvin... something about they went way back, it made sense why Calvin had the first golden ticket to second year popularity despite him being in first year – and his looks helped of course, he wasn’t as loud as Marlon but Marlon didn’t mind that, Marlon thrived to be the centre of attention whether he wanted to admit that or not.

Yvonne wrapped her arms around Calvin’s neck before tugging on his bottom lip as they lipsed, her long ombre dip-dyed hair swaying left to right slightly, it was hard for me not to look as their table was situated right opposite mine and Asia’s small two seated table, I looked down quickly to my burger, cheeks burning feeling like I was intruding something x-rated.

Asia whipped her head back to me before shoving a chip down her throat pretending to gag, I grinned at her stealing one of her chips.

“That should be you feeling his kiss” She sang

“That should be you whacking her head” I sang back, before we collapsed into fits of giggles

“What does he see in her anyways?” Asia said pouring more salt onto her chips.

Yvonne was gorgeous that was undeniable, she had a cute small petite figure, a perky backside sat at the back and a perky pair of boobs sitting in the front, she had a small diamond face, with big eyes which were framed nicely with her winged eyeliner and mascara, plump lips, and nice long Peruvian hair – according to Asia- which was dip-dyed blonde at the bottom, plus her eyebrow game was forever strong, I had to give her some credit though, she was able to balance school, work, boys and keep her eyebrows in check, but I understood what Asia was saying, despite her looks you couldn’t really say her pretty face matched with her personality, she had a shrilling voice and always cared to be under some sort of light- it didn’t matter who’s as long as a pair of eyes were on her, if you weren’t in her ‘squad’ or a friend of Calvin’s or anyone in her squad for that matter then you were basically irrelevant, but I didn’t mind that, I wanted to stay irrelevant for as long as I could.

“Mhmm” I wriggled my lips looking up to see Calvin pulling Yvonne in for another kiss

Asia must've seen the look on my face because she frantically waved her chip in my face

“Fuck her, fuck him, fuck that, fuck this” she said in a Chinese accent sucking on her chip

“Yeah let’s go” I grabbed the last remainder of her chips

I pushed my half eaten burger away before shoving my chair back and standing up where a cold sensation of liquid splashed the side of my face and drizzled down my chest, I shrieked whilst Asia’s eyes beamed at me, the chair knocked onto the ground causing everyone in the canteen to look over to our table, Leon one of Marlon’s friends was standing in front of me looking apologetic, he grabbed the tissues on the tray and started dabbing away at my chest causing me to shriek even louder.

“Oh my day’s I’m mad sorry”                                         

Laughters and woops erupted from the tables opposite us with Marlon roaring “MAN LIKEEE LEONNNNNNNN!!!” and a few of his hood idiotic friends deciding to chime in.

“It’s okay, it’s alright, I’m fin-” I looked down to where his hand was still dabbing away at my chest before he looked at me and dropped the tissues

“You can stop now” I said awkwardly

“Yeah, sorry about that” He quickly licked his lips before looking at me again and walking over to Marlon’s table.

I looked up to catch Calvin’s eyes, before turning around, my mouth still hung slightly open, Asia clung onto me spluttering with laughter whilst dragging me out the canteen where we both erupted into loud fits.

“Fucking hell” I cried

Asia clutched onto her belly, tears filling the brim of her eyes, erupting in silent laughter

I slid down the back of the wall

“What even is this?” I tugged my curls towards my face trying to smell what Leon had poured on me. “Sprite. Fucking Sprite”

Asia caught her breath before returning back to me

 “He should get sued you know, that’s bloody Malaysian, my people didn’t shave their hair for it to be washed down with sprite”

Asia grinned at me her smiley piercing in full view before slumping down beside me

“Billie?”

“Yeah?” I answered

“I think you have some sprite on you” she whispered into my ear

“Fuck right off” I said flicking my hair into her face, holding my laughter

“And what was up with him dabbing your chest like that? I swear he wanted to sex you right then and there” She erupted into laughter again

I threw my head back against the wall “Don’t even, Asia.”