two

Third Person POV

"Are you sure this could be the one?" Professor Zola asked his boss, Johann Schmidt.

"Yes, Zola. She is. (Y/n) (L/n). I sent some of the soldiers to watch her, and they say her qualities would be perfect," Johann replied.

"She's just a kid, Johann. That's what concerns me," Zola replied, worried.

"So she's a bit on the young side. Big deal. I sent several soldiers in on her. She should be arriving any day now."

(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed and cleaned up my room, stacking up the DVDs Peter brought. Peter had so many DVDs, that he started to keep some at my house.

It just made me sad now, since I missed him. I missed hanging out with him before he got that damned Stark internship.

Before that, we would hang out almost every day after school, and have sleepovers every weekend. May and my mom were close friends, and that's why they were both so okay with us having sleepovers.

Ever since he got that internship, he's been fairly distant. We barely hung out anymore, and he would always be so tired during school that he would barely talk to me.

I sighed and stacked the DVDs on my shelf. We didn't even get to finish the Star Wars marathon. I sat on my bed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, to see that I had missed calls from some of my other friends.

I was in a group chat with three other girls from my school. We were fairly close, but not as close as I was with Peter and Ned. Their names were Bella, Joey, and Erica.

I logged onto Skype and called them, and they all picked up.

"Fellas. What eye look should I do today?" Bella asked.

"IRON MAN," Erica yelled.

"Can both of you please eat my ass?" Joey asked.

"Uh, hey guys," I said quietly.

"Oh hey (Y/n)! Didn't see you there," Erica said.

"I don't know what to do about Peter," I said, getting upset.

"Girl, just tell him that he shouldn't ditch you," Joey said.

"Yeah, but that's selfish," I said.

"I see where you're coming from with that. I'd say just talk to him," Erica said.

"Good call. Well, I'm gonna go shower. See you guys," I said, ending the call.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and grabbed a towel from the closet, and set it on the counter. I looked in the mirror and sighed, for what seemed like the thousandth time that night.

I let the shower heat up for ten minutes, and then stripped and got in.

Peter's POV

I swung through the city, not having a care in the world. I regretted ditching (Y/n), because there wasn't any crime tonight.

I've just been swinging around the city, looking for things to do. I really missed hanging out with (Y/n) all the time, but I had to protect the city.

I could tell that she was hurt by my constant ditching, and it hurt me to see her that way. I wanted to spend all the time in the world with her, but I couldn't.

I felt extremely bad, because I loved her and I loved being with her, but I can't give up being Spiderman.

Things would be so much easier if I told her, but she would probably hate me for not telling her sooner. She was my best friend, and we told each other everything.