Chapter Two

Kristin's POV

I wake up to my alarm going off. I roll over and turn it off. I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, turn on the shower, letting it heat up to the right temperature. Once it's heats up, I step in, letting my muscles relax. I do my normal routine and get out. I walk into my closet looking for an outfit for today. Once I find one I like, I get dressed (outfit the side).

I walk back to the bathroom, brush my hair, braid it into a side fishtail braid

I walk back to the bathroom, brush my hair, braid it into a side fishtail braid. I put on my minimal amount of make-up, covering the black eye. I slide my phone into my back pocket, grab my keys, and my work bag. I walk out of the apartment, locking the door behind me. I walk downstairs to my truck, getting in, starting it up. I buckle my seatbelt and beginning to drive to work.

I'm still mad at Derek and haven't talk to him since yesterday. He tried calling me a few more times later that night but I ignored his calls. I pull into the parking lot. I shut off the truck, grabbing my things, getting out, shutting the door and locking the truck. I make my way into the building and into the elevator. I pull out my phone to see a new text message from Derek. It reads: you can't ignore me forever Krissy. I know I was mad at you but I looked at your file. I know your parents died after high school, you had a lot of bad relationships, one of them putting you into the hospital. Talk to me.

I put my phone back in my pocket and exit the elevator. I walk through the glass doors, sitting my bag by my desk. It's only 5:30, so I'm early. I walk over the coffee station, making me a cup. Just as I start to walk back to my desk, Derek and JJ walk over.

"Good morning Kristin."

"Morning Krissy."

"Good morning JJ." I smile slightly at her and walk back to my desk.

"Good morning Kristin, you were here early cause that's your second cup of coffee. Everything okay?"

"How did.."

"You were making your first when I walk in."

"Just mad at Morgan, he read my file and he knows everything about my past, some things I didn't want him to know."

"I know a few things from what I've heard from Morgan but my mom has schizophrenia"

"I'm sorry Reid. Both of my parents are dead."

"I'm sorry." I just nod and go silent after that.

Derek's POV

Kristin's ignores me but says hi to JJ. I really wish she would talk to me. I wish she would have just told me everything since I'm her best friend she knows everything about me. I start to make my cup of coffee.

"What was that about?" JJ asks, making her cup of coffee as well.

"She's mad at me for going through her file and finding out everything she didn't tell me."