'It's really brave of you to tell us, Halstead.' Kelly states. 'Not many people would be able to relive something like that.' 

'I've undergone a lot of therapy.' Alicia laughs softly. 'I still am undergoing therapy.'

'Well, we're here if you ever want to talk.' Herrmann smiles. 

'Or just get drunk.' Sylvie adds causing everyone to laugh, they're interrupted by the sound of the alarm.

.

It's the end of the next shift. Sylvie and Alicia are just returning to the firehouse after a call. Before they get out of the ambulance, Sylvie turns to Alicia. 

'So, I want to ask you something. It's been playing on my mind but I didn't know whether to ask but it's bugging me so I'm going to ask you anyway.' Sylvie says really fast causing Alicia to laugh. 

'You can ask me whatever you want.' Alicia smiles. 

'I've noticed the tan line on your finger.  Were you married back in Seattle?' She asks. She sees Alicia look down. 'Sorry, that was a bit personal.'

'No, it's fine.' Alicia shakes her head whilst looking back at Sylvie. 'I was engaged. To my lieutenant.' 

'Now you're talking.' Sylvie laughs. 

'By that, I'm guessing something similar happened here.' Alicia states. 

'Yeah.' Sylvie nods. 'Casey and my old partner, Gabby, got engaged a few years back and tied the knot last year. They had to hide their relationship from the ivory tower because Gabby was a candidate on Truck 81 at the time. It gets a bit confusing.' She adds. 'Anyway, you were engaged to your Luitenant. What happened?' 

'I told him that I wanted to move back to Chicago so I could be closer to Will and Jay. He told me that it wasn't the right time. We knew we wouldn't be able to make a long distance relationship work with our jobs so I broke off the engagement about a week before I moved here.' Alicia tells her 

'I'm sorry it didn't work out.' Sylvie sympathises. 

'Oh, no. Don't be.' Alicia shakes her head. 'We're still friends.' She then sees a familiar face walk up the driveway. 'Oh my God.' She gets out of the ambulance and walks up to the person. 'What are you doing here?' She grins as she brings her best friend, Travis Montgomery, in for a hug. 

'I had a bit of holiday time so I thought I'd come and see how you're getting on.' Travis replies as they part. 'And I miss you.' 

'Aww, you're sweet.' Alicia smiles. 'Listen, I finish in about ten minutes, we can go grab some drinks and get hammered.' 

'Are you not going to introduce me then?' Sylvie asks, walking over to them. Alicia just laughs and shakes her head. 

'Trav, this is my new partner, Sylvie Brett.' Alicia introduces Travis to Sylvie. 'Brett, this is my best friend, Travis Montgomery.' 

'Nice to meet you.' Travis smiles, shaking Sylvie's hand. 

'You too.' Sylvie smiles back. 

'Is she causing trouble.' Travis questions. 

'Only on her first shift.' Sylvie responds. 'She went and got injured.'

'Hey! It was just a shoulder sprain.' Alicia laughs. She looks at Travis who has his arms crossed. 'Some guy got pissed because he said he could only have Tylenol and not morphine, he lunged at me, I fell back and landed on my shoulder awkwardly.' 

'Only you would go and get hurt on their first day.' Travis raises an eyebrow.

'Comes with the job, Trav.' Alicia replies, walking backwards. 'You know that.' She then stops. 'Come and wait inside.' Travis, Alicia and Sylvie all walk into the firehouse. As they walk through the firehouse, Alicia introduces Travis to her new colleagues.