thunderstorm

jungeun was awoken by the ringing that sounded through the air. she squinted due to the bright light that was coming from her phone screen. she picked up the phone and answered it, not sparing a glance at the caller id.

"hello?" she whispered in a soft voice. it took a few seconds before she heard sniffles come through the phone. pulling her phone back, she looked at the caller id.

jinsoul.

"soul? hello, what's wrong?" she asked frantically. she sat up and waited on a response. she could hear the small girl's cries and jungeun's heart ripped into two. she glanced outside and noticed it was raining and thundering. jungeun finally came to realization and she quickly hopped into action.

"i'll be over in a bit jinsoul. hold on for me," she said and went to her closet. "don't hang up, please," jinsoul said softly through her tears and jungeun hummed in response. after finding a hoodie and sweats to go along, jungeun grabbed her car keys off the table and shot through the door to her car.

a crack of thunder sounded through the air and she could hear jinsoul whimper. she quickened her steps and entered the car. thrusting her keys into the ignition, jungeun backed out of her driveway and pressed on the gas, taking off to jinsoul's house.

"listen to me, you'll be okay. i'm almost there," jungeun comforted. jinsoul's house was only a block away so it took jungeun a minute to get there. she quickly ran to the porch, ignoring the fact that her clothing was getting soaked by the downpour. she took out her keys and used the one jinsoul gave her to unlock the door. she opened and knocked three times, letting jinsoul know that it was her. shutting the door and locking it back, jungeun hurried up the stairs and to jinsoul's room.

she opened the door and found the girl balled up on her bed, shaking and crying. jungeun discarded her hoodie and walked up to the bed.

"jinsoul, it's me. scoot over so i can get in the bed," she whispered and the older girl straightened out, giving jungeun room to lay down. as soon as the younger girl laid down, jinsoul latched onto her body and put her face into her neck.

jungeun rubbed her hand up and down jinsoul's back to calm her. she knew how terrified jinsoul was of thunder and her heart broke seeing her in this state. jinsoul's hands clutched onto jungeun's t-shirt tightly. almost as if she though jungeun was going to disappear.

her cries settled into soft whimpers as she slowly calmed down. jungeun's hand still ran up and down the spine of her back in slow, satisfying strokes. she then began to hum the tune to jinsoul's favorite song. jinsoul shuffled down and rested her head on jungeun's chest instead of her neck. her eyes closed at the sound of jungeun's soft humming and at the nice feeling of her soft hand on her back.

jungeun continued to hum, the rain outside becoming more and more unobtrusive to the two girls. jinsoul's body was relaxing as the time passed. jungeun looked down at the quiet girl that laid on top of her. jinsoul had been afraid of thunder for the longest and jungeun knew this. they'd been best friends ever since the seventh grade. jungeun found out about jinsoul's phobia during one of their sleepovers.

everyone had already left besides jinsoul since they weren't as close to jungeun as she was. they were already in bed, jungeun asleep but jinsoul lied awake due to the loud noise of the rain hitting the roof and the thunder striking the sky. she tried to ignore the sounds, focusing on the beautiful sleep that was to come but she simply couldn't. the thunder was simply too loud, making jinsoul's heartbeat increase immensely. she pondered how jungeun stayed asleep through the loud clamor.

sooner or later, from the fear enclosed in her heart, tears flowed from jinsoul's eyes. the rain wasn't going to stop no time soon and neither was the thunder. twelve year old jinsoul laid beside her sleeping best friend, crying because she was afraid of thunder. She attempted to keep her cries at a low volume but when a particularly loud crack of thunder sounded through the air, she emitted a yelp from the back of her throat.

this woke jungeun from her asleep and she turned around to find jinsoul in tears. from that point on, they became closer friends. jungen comforting jinsoul whenever there was a thunderstorm.

jungeun left her thoughts and focused back on jinsoul. the older girl's grip on her shirt loosened as her breath was steadied. jungeun smiled at how peaceful she looked, finally unbothered by the intrusive weather. jungeun closed her eyes, ready to succumb to sleep, happy that her humming was able to put jinsoul to sleep.

But little does she know, jinsoul not only fell asleep to her humming but also to her calming and soothing heartbeat.

-

a bit short but it's lipsoul fluff so it doesn't matter hehe. i decided to give y'all some content since i haven't uploaded anything any a while.

enjoy this, i wrote it at 10pm when i have school tomorrow.

love you xoxo

- a