[13] Tell Me Why I'm Waiting

Start from the beginning

"Oh, please." Mark rolled his eyes. "She wouldn't survive a day by herself. She would've sat still when that woman had her."

It was my turn to speak. "I tried to move but you stopped me."

Mark rolled his eyes again. Seán glanced from Mark to me over and over again before breaking the silence. "If you really are leaving alone, go as soon as possible. And together. Despite how strong Y/n may be, she's never done this before. This is for you too, Mark. You may need her help at some time."

Mark scoffed as he made his way down the hallway to his room. "To hell I will."

No one acknowledged his comment, we were all used to his behavior. Fortunately for me, my things are already together, having no where else to put them but the bag I shoved them into before we left LA. I grabbed a water bottle from the kitchen, chugging it as fast I could, hoping it would help to take the test before we leave. I lock the bathroom door with a small click, placing the small box by the sink. Anxiety raised the more and more I think about it.

Hesitantly, I take it out of the box, trying to find out where to put the box. Seeing the small trash can, I rip the box up into multiple pieces before tossing them in the bin, hoping no one could tell what is was. Taking the test was awkward, but I managed to get it done. As soon as I finished washing my hands, though, someone was knocking on the door.

"Hurry up, Y/n! We need to go!" Mark's deep voice called.

Instead of waiting the few minutes to see the result, grab the test and hide it in my hoodie pocket. The door creaked quietly as I opened it. Mark wasn't standing there anymore. With a tap every time my shoes hit the wood floor, I entered the living room with the boys. Before anyone could say goodbye, Seth spoke up, handing mark a piece of paper.

"I know you don't have a phone, so on this paper are directions that will take you to a cabin I own a few hours away. You'll probably get there around five. It's by a lake, real quiet, it'll be real safe for you guys." Seth grinned at the thought of his cabin. "Though, there are neighbors next door. I'd recommend you stay away from them and don't let them know you're there."

Mark nodded, scanning the paper. Tyler unexpectedly attacked him in a big hug, making Mark jump slightly. "Please be careful." Tyler whispered. As hard as it was to do, we were leaving the group. We were separating ourselves from them to keep them safe. I haven't known them for long, only a week, but it was hard to say goodbye, especially when I got to Tyler. He was like a big brother. Hell, he may be the father of a possible life forming inside me. I couldn't imagine how hard it is for Mark to leave. He's known them for a long time and gone through a shit ton with them. Now he has to forget all of that and move on without them? 

After saying our final goodbyes to the boys, Mark and I set off. Before tossing my bag in the back seat, I hid the test in the front pocket. I was still anxious about the result, I don't think having it in my hand right now would be a good idea. I might get tired of waiting to get to the cabin to look at it and see right here, making it an opportunity for Mark to see and flip out. What if I saw it was positive while I was sitting next to him? I would freak out and he'd know immediately. It just wasn't good to have it on my at the moment, no matter how much I needed to see the result.

"There better be food down there, I'm starving." I state, attempting to make conversation in the silent car ride.

"We'll pick up some thing if there isn't. But you're staying at the cabin." He ordered sternly.

The conversation ended there. Like every time I tried to make conversation with him, it ended as soon as it started. I would be lying if I said it didn't frustrate me. All these attempts to have a normal conversation with him, and not one worked. Of course, if anyone else tried it, they'd have a fun conversation full of laughter. Am I the problem? Am I not interesting enough to take some of his time? He made it clear earlier that I'm 'just some oblivious girl who tagged along' to him, so why am I still trying? It's not like I should stop trying to become something to him. If we're going to be running around together, we might as well talk to each other, right? We're all we have, and like Seán said earlier, we might need each other. Whether it be for Mark to confide in or get him out of trouble, I'll be there waiting for Mark to lean on me. But a question roamed without an answer.

Would he do the same?

He reacted negatively when Seán said he'd need me at some point. Though he did try to help me at the store earlier, I doubted he'd do it again. He seemed annoyed or disgusted that I couldn't do it on my own(it's not like I forced him to come over). After getting me out if that situation today, I didn't think he wanted anything to do with me. If I have anything I wanted to talk about, or if I needed help, I might as well be talking to a rock because he won't be listening. He wont step up and act like a friend. He obviously didn't want to be friends, or anything for that matter.

So why am I still willing to wait?

I think it'd be cool to make an Instagram account for wattpad stuff. Mainly to ask you guys questions easier, receive feedback, maybe release sneak peeks on there, and just to have fun, but I don't think it would be very successful. Would that be something you guys would be interested in?