"Not bad," he declared calmly while wiping his hands on a napkin. "I have one more thing for you to taste, though, Clint," Jimmy smirked as he opened a small white box.

You peered inside to see what looked like biscuits of some sort so you glanced at Jimmy quizzically.

He shrugged. "I had some spare time so I thought I'd try something new. Buttermilk biscuits with cheddar and chives," Jimmy explained as he placed one of the flaky biscuits on a plate.

Gaping at him, you glanced from the man before you and the biscuit Clint was cutting in half. "YOU bake? You made these?" you questioned.

Jimmy laughed at your reaction. "Of course I bake! My dad's been in the business almost all my life, you don't think he's taught me a few things? Frankly, I'm insulted, Y/N," he replied, putting on a fake pout.

You rolled your eyes at his dramatics. "Yeah, well, I guess you don't seem like the type to get your hands dirty, Mr. Business Degree," you mocked with a cheeky grin.

The brunet opened his mouth to respond, but Clint interrupted. "Ooh, that's good, too. Try it, Y/N."

Eyeing the biscuit, you picked it up gingerly and sniffed it. Jimmy scoffed at your hesitation but you were truly giving it a full evaluation. The biscuit was nice and flaky, tender without being fragile, and speckled with bits of cheddar and chives. Taking a bite, your eyes flew open at the surprising burst of flavor in your mouth. Dammit. He could bake. You took your time chewing and swallowing, then reaching for a napkin before you turned his way.

"It doesn't suck," you told him flatly, but he had already seen your previous expression. Jimmy just grinned, looking pretty proud of himself.

"Alright, kids," Clint piped up,"if you have more for me to sell today, we'll see how it goes. Send me the ingredients list and pricing info. Gotta get back to it." The sandy-haired older man gathered a few of the boxes in his arms and handed them to one of his baristas to stock the pastry case.

Giving Jimmy a hard look, you turned on your heel and headed for the door.

"See you tomorrow, Y/N," he called out to you, but you dismissed him with a wave of your hand.

Once you had returned to the bakery, you checked in out front but Wanda had things under control. You mixed up a batch of cinnamon roll dough and while it was rising, you went to your computer and pulled up the recipe program you used.

For each recipe, you entered all the amounts for every ingredient. It took a long time to enter each recipe when you first started using it, but now it only took a few minutes for every new item. All of your ingredients and prices were stored in the program, so once everything was entered, it gave you a summary of nutritional information and how much it cost to make the full recipe.

Based on the amount of servings, it also told you how much each scone, for example, costs you to make. You took that information and factored in the time you spent making it, along with hopefully adding a profit, and it gave you the price you had to charge your wholesale customers. Prices were a little higher at your retail bakery.

Your new savory items had good, quality ingredients and took a little more time to make, which also meant they were a bit more expensive. Clint would understand, though. Obviously he loved the scone and croissant. Right? Typing up an email, you gave him the price information and also a list of ingredients in case any customers asked about allergies or something. After hitting send, you checked on your dough, but it still had another 15 minutes or so to rise.

Popping a tray of cookies in the oven upon Wanda's request, you then sat down again to do some paperwork. To your surprise, you saw a new email pop up from Clint, so you clicked to open it. That was quick. Your heart sank a little as you read it, though. Apparently, he couldn't purchase both of your new items because of the higher cost. He wanted to keep the Pear Gouda croissant, but according to him "the scone was similar to that new biscuit, which was cheaper to buy, so we're keeping that one."