Legend Of The Peacock Feather.

Start from the beginning

“Burkoosh, you hate poetry?” I asked. “No I don’t, Lonely Poet” she read my hat. “I am Riaz Ahammed” I stretched my hand and introduced myself “I am Katelyn, call me Kate.”  She held my hand and asked “So you just came here for just talking to me?”

I put both my lips into my mouth and looked at her for a good long five seconds and said “Not exactly you, in fact, I don’t know what I am doing here, I got out of my house to go for a drive and now here I am, talking to you”.]

Her smile disappeared and she looked me and asked “Where were you planning to drive?”

  “Just thought I will go for a drive, just drive, no destination, I speak aloud into my voice recorder whatever that comes into my mind. I later use that for writing. By the way I am a published poet” I took my hands off her hands when I said that. For some reason I just did not felt comfortable in her holding my hands as her hands were incredibly cold.

 I said in a queer tone “There are questions and questions over questions, for which, for years, there are no answers” then I looked directly in her eyes and said “I don’t know why I said that but that’s the truth, I just don’t want to lie to a total stranger. I am looking for answers for which the questions I forgot”.

  “Can I drive with you?” She asked with a lower voice and this time she was not looking at me.

I took a step towards her and asked “How can you possibly trust me?”

She smiled and said “Trust is all you have Poet” and she held my hand forcefully and spoke “By the end of this drive you will have enough information for you to find the answers”

I took my hands off again and told, “You hands are frozen, are you really okay?”

She looked at me without a smile and said, “Don’t worry about it, I am fine”. She took my hand again and walked and said “Let’s go”.

 I am no man who will stay back to a call like that. I went with her knowing nothing about her. I tried not to think about her at all when I walked with her to the car, still, I looked at her and thought “wow, she is really pretty” she smiled and asked, “What do you liked to be called?”

“My name is a bit complicated so there are people who call me by middle name Riaz, then there are online folks who calls me Lone or Poet or some people calls me LP” I walked behind her like a baby holding a mom’s hand. “You can choose whatever you are comfortable with”.

 “I will call you Lone” she said. I fastened my paces and was shoulder to shoulder to her and asked “Okay, any reason for choosing that name?”.

“Lone, you are a wise man and you will know reasons soon” she said with many arrows pointing to my own conscience.

 By that time we reached the doors and a bunch of teenagers and others were almost crowded there and they gave us the strangest looks. Once we were outside she asked me “Interesting looks on their faces isn’t it?”

I told, “hmmm, maybe they are wondering what is this pretty girl doing with this guy?”.

She immediately replied “Exactly, that’s what most people were thinking”  I laughed out loud and said “You need to teach me the technique of this mind reading”.

She stared at me and said, “It is not funny” and almost dragged me across the road.

I suddenly said.. “Stop, just stop, you can read all my mind and I am not thinking much now, but let me tell you this” she looked all surprised and was looking at my hands and eyes as I continued, “I am taking you in my car not you taking me in your car. When you are with me, you are under my protection and I won’t command you to do anything but I don’t take command from you either. No matter what you are or who you are, right now in this place you are coming with me because I chose to take you with me. Not because you chose to come with me. Is that very clear Katelyn?”