21.

"Guys, there's like two more hours to go for my birthday, you all can stop being so...mushy," I whined as I was experiencing Erin, Tommy and Calum hugging me like they won't ever see me again.

"You'll be 18," Tommy pouted, "you're not even excited,"

"The thought of being 18 is just depressing," I replied.

"No, its fun," Calum said, "you get to do things...legally," he winked.

"Em wouldn't even take a sip of alcohol to save a life," Erin chuckled.

"Get off me now!" I snapped.

"Fine, don't get so annoying," Calum scowled.

"I couldn't breathe, okay!" I justified.

"I think we should get going, we'll see you tomorrow?" Calum said.

"Yes!" I smiled, "WISH ME AT 12AM OKAY"

They all chuckled, "omg its just my birthday, not a big deal," Erin imitated me.

"Fuck off," I pushed him.

"Luke is coming tomorrow, right?" I asked them as I walked with him through the door.

"Its your birthday, your treat. Invite whoever you want to," Calum shrugged.

"Right," I replied, "okay then. See y'all!"

"Bye," Erin winked and walked out with Tommy.

"So.." Calum trailed off.

"So?" I asked.

"You'll be in college next year," he smiled.

I bit my lower lip, "You will be in college, too,"

"I know," he scratched the back of his neck, "I hope we get in the same college,"

"Calum, we still have to give our exams," I laughed.

"I know. And those exams are like months later but I'm still just saying," he pulled me into a hug.

"Well, okay. I hope we get in the same college too," I smiled into the hug.

"I love you, Em," he said, "Thank you for being there for me. Even the times when we were having this huge fight, you were the one to get me going. My parents made my life living hell and it was just you who pulled me out of it. I don't know, just thinking of us being on speaking terms again pulled me through that phase,"

"Aw, Calum," I wish I hadn't turned into a total emotional freak over the time but I had, and hence I was just feeling really good about what he said, like, every word meant so much to me, "I really did hate you during those days and when you told me about how I've changed and you're glad you aren't friends with me anymore, it just stung. But, I know you didn't mean it. Because I know you. I just.. I love you, Calum. I don't want to lose our friendship, ever."

"I know. I know, I was such a mess. I couldn't figure out my feelings and you were starting to hang out with Michael so much, it was just... I was jealous. I felt like you were replacing me and so I said that I had a crush on you and when I ran away you did not come after me, which made me feel worse. I just felt like I wasn't important to you anymore,"

"That's not at all true. You can ask Amy and well, Betty too. I was worried about you. And I was going insane without you on my side. That day I ran into Michael and it was just - he was an asshole to me, too. He pretended to not know me in front of Lola and it offended me so much. I was...just so caught up. But trust me, Calum, even when I got home I was just thinking about how weird you had behaved," I explained.